Friday, January 1, 2010

Welcome to 2010!

Hey blog readers, welcome to 2010! I think the best thing I have heard all day was..."I remember 2009 like it was yesterday". I slept through the ball drop in New York. I was at the fire station and frankly, it just didn't have the draw it does when your out celebrating and not at work. I woke up around 12:30 because station 3 had a gas investigation, saw that it was snowing promptly climbed back in bed. All and all it was a pretty good night(I didn't have to run a single call).

This morning we started the process of transitioning to the "New" Clay Fire Territory. B-shift was sworn in and just like that we went from a 3 station department to a 5. Tomorrow morning I will get my new badge and be sworn in. I can't wait...

Sharkboy watched a movie with Jenny last night. When I got home this morning they were up and I received my New Years greetings. My family is the best!

I saw a story that struck me funny today on the news. A Polar Bear group from Portland, Maine. They gathered yesterday on a Snowy, Icy beach to take their annual plunge into the Atlantic. They do this each year to draw awareness to Global Warming. Really? Because you know nothing says Global Warming like a snowy beach and frigid water. Seriously...do you think it opened anyone's eyes? Come on...that is like standing in the ocean and talking about a water shortage.

Now it is time for me to start my project for the day...I need to prep a wall for paint. Then we are going to go the movies tonight with UNC, Ms. Croft and the all the kids. Hacienda will be our dining choice for the evening as well. Sharkboy has been begging to go and have some chips w/red & white dip.

So from my family to yours...May you have a Happy and Healthy New Year!

Be Kind, Be Safe...

Shalom my Peeps!

No comments: