Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009 is on it's way out the door...

Hey blog readers...well here it is, the final blog of 2009. Kind of nostalgic, and at the same time creepy. I feel like I am growing older every day, and find myself appreciating things in my life that before I took for granted. Like time with friends and family and just making great memories. If you know me in the least, you know I love a good story. So my focus this coming year is to write more chapters in my little story I call life.(oh and never pass up a chance to tell a story or two or three...well you get the picture)

I am currently sitting in the fire station working on New Years Eve. If you don't know already this is the winding down of our fire department as we know it today. We are merging with our neighboring department as of Midnight tonight. What does that mean you ask? We are growing from a 3 station department to a 5 station department. Gaining lots of great guys and building onto a great fire department. I will be a Captain in this new department and I look forward to the challenges and rewards that come with such an assignment. I look forward to working with each and everyone on my new brothers and sisters in the coming years...long story short, I am looking forward to where we are headed and can't wait to see the change.

Jenny and Sharkboy are at home tonight sharing a movie. I can't wait to go home in the morning and wish them a Happy New Year. I wish I was there, but it appears that a movie and bed at 9:30 are on the agenda, so morning will do just fine. Those 2 people sacrifice a lot everyday so that I can live this life as a fire fighter. I appreciate every sacrifice they make, and hope that I make it up to them in other ways.

So in closing this year out, I wish each and everyone who reads this to have a Healthy, Happy, Safe and Happy New Year. Be safe in your celebrating. Take a few minutes to appreciate the things around you, the good things in your life, everyday. Never miss a chance to tell people you love you love them. Never settle for cheap beer or cigars and never miss a chance to shine.

In the coming year and everyday...Be Kind, Be Safe,

Shalom my Peeps.

PS...Absofab and her husband had there baby boy today! Congratulations you two, and welcome to the world Ian Mathew. You have a very special family, and they all can't wait to make all over you.