Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Back to the Grind...

Hey blog readers...well this morning we are back to our "Grind". Sharkboy is officially off break and Jenny is working her normal work week again. I am here in the house with a list as long as my arm to get done and not nearly enough initiative to get off my rump and get rolling on it.

Yesterday we spent the day with Sharkboy out on the town. We took him to lunch and per his request we enjoyed our Chick-Fil-A lunch selections. We made an office visit to L.A.(Mimi) and he scored a bottle of water(gold to a 5 y/o) and a Matchbox car(more gold). Then we ran some errands and enjoyed some time playing his new game on the Wii.

In the evening we had dinner with our neighbor(The Proffessor). She is heading out of the country on sabbatical to Korea. She is originally from there and is looking forward to an extended visit with her family that does not have the means to come to the States. She is a bit anal, so we went through all the things I will be taking care of for her(as if I don't own a home or know what to do). We enjoyed some pizza and seem to learn a little more about her each time we spend time with her. She really is a nice person, just a bit shy.

Plans are in the works for the trip to Florida in 17 days. I see on the plans lots of golf, and spending time with friends. Right up my alley if you know anything about me. I will have a rental car, so I plan to venture to some fire stations and see how Floridian Fire Fighters live. There is also a Yeungling brewery in Tampa area, so I may try to venture there and see what I can learn and what swag I can score.

Had a nice web conference call with Absofab and CC. We got a little glimpse of Ian on the webcam(he made a cameo appearance at the end). It was a combination call...we started the early planning stages of our trip to Disney in June. Sharkboy got word yesterday we are planning this trip, so backing out is not an option. So now we need to start figuring out the detail and figuring out the logistics.

All this talk of warm weather and vacations has me pretty happy. Perma cloud continues, and there is more snow in the forecast for the next few days. Usually that would drag me down a bit but Florida is keeping my head up as well as my spirits.

Daisy made an unplanned trip to the vet yesterday. She cut her pad on her foot. After some cleaning up it was deemed not a big issue. Some antibiotics are in order, but only as a precaution. It hasn't slowed her any and the bloody footprints have all but disappeared. It wouldn't be January if she didn't have some sort of injury.

I have to say my disappointment in the City of South Bend and their snow removal is at an all time high. They have not plowed in our neighborhood since Sat. the streets in our neighborhood are horrible. Thank goodness we are natives to this weather, so we have 4 wheel drive otherwise getting to and from the house would be a daunting task. It is sad with all the taxes that we pay and the constant whining that they do about needing more money...and yet they don't even seem to be able to complete the most basic of tasks. I understand being a bit behind, but 4 days later not even a single swipe down our road. I think a phone call is in order, we will see what happens.

My to-do list is calling my name, so I should wrap this post up...

Be Kind, Be Safe...

Shalom my Peeps.

No comments: