Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Time management...

Well blog readers...it has been 2 days since I posted. I have had some time management issues. Mostly caused by either being tired from work, being at work or the little bit on not feeling well that I experienced on Sunday. But here is the update.

All is going well this year with my New Year plan of making great memories along this 2010 trek. Since Jan. 1 I have witnessed or been involved in 4 swearing in ceremonies at the fire station. Clay Fire Territory merged with Harris Twp fire and we are now one big fire Territory. It is great to see this growth. For a little nostalgia, when I joined Clay in 1999 it was a small combination (career & volunteer) department each day there was 4 career fire fighters on duty in 2 small firehouses. I had been a dispatcher for 3 years and longed to be a fireman(I was already an EMT and had worked on an ambulance). So the natural thing to do was join Clay, since the dispatch office was housed and operated by Clay. Over the years I have watched the department grow to what it is today. We now have 5 stations with 17 career firefighters and numerous part time fire fighters on staff. We have ALS engine companies, a Paramedic ambulance and are a recognized fire department around the country. It was truely amazing to be a part of the ceremonies for the "Next Step" at Clay Fire.

We are buried under 18+ inches of snow and the winter chill and perma-cloud are now in place. I am longing for my trip to Florida in 18 days(but who is counting). My friends that I am visiting all keep telling me that it is cold down there right now. I will gladly take whatever they have to offer weather wise, knowing that it will not include ice, slush, frigid wind or 18+ inches of snow. I also look forward to continuing my New Years plan (and some golfing).

Sharkboy heads back to school tomorrow. We have started the process of getting him back on track with his sleep schedule. As all school age kids do, he has pushed his bed time back a little from his school night time rituals. But rest assured Jenny and I are on the case and we will have him ready for school in the AM. However his Holiday break was a good one. Santa brought lots of cool things and he has had some time to play in the snow. Play with his new toys and start to figure out his Nintendo DS and new George of the Jungle game for the Wii. It is amazing to see where he is right now in his life, he is growing up so fast and it doesn't show any signs of slowing.

Jenny started celebrating her birthday month. We have coined the month Jen-uary. She loves to get little things and the plan for the month is to spoil her throughout the month and make sure she is well taken care of...Happy Birthday Bug! Let the celebrating begin(and the doting).

Great news for some friends of ours...Absofab and her hubby got to bring home their some Ian Mathew yesterday. He was born a bit sooner than they had planned and he had a tough time figuring out that he needed to eat & breath at the same time...you know inside it just was transferred. So he spent a few days & nights in the NICU here at Memorial hospital. However, he caught on and is now home where they can take care of him and start him on his path of life. We are so proud of that little family for making it through this little speed bump. We continue to pray for their strength in the coming weeks...the first few are the hardest. I don't miss middle of the night feedings and diaper changes...but they are fond memories I will carry with me. Best Wishes Zarembka's...can't wait to meet your little man in person.

Well, with all of that...Sharkboy wants to play and this being his last day off school I feel like I should oblige.

Be Kind, Be Safe...stay warm!

Shalom my Peeps.

No comments: