Saturday, January 31, 2009

"Today's the last Day I wake up 4..."

Hey Blog readers...I thought I would jump on here and make some updates. Things are generally good around our house and seem to be looking up from where they were just a week ago. Most people right now would think that it is the general state of the economy that would be giving us woes...but so far that is not true. I can't help but think of all the people out there looking for jobs that have recently lost them or the 1 in 6 people in Elkhart County that are unemployed due to the RV industry collapse. But as many of you know, our woes have been "K9 Health Induced".

Thursday we got Daisy's staples out. Things went very well. Her incision is healing well and over all her health is good. She has lost 7 lbs. since her surgery, which is good. Due to her injury she has lived a somewhat sedentary lifestyle and we were feeding her like we always have. Long story short...cut back food, loose extra pounds. If it were only that easy for all of us(oh to have the metabolism of a Weim). This morning we noted some swelling in the foot again. Not nearly what we had before, so we are starting antibiotics again. No real big deal, just precautionary due to the open skin around the pins. Our biggest challenge right now is keeping her calm. She is feeling better, so she want to get up and wander the house and that is a no no. Our next big milestone is Mar. 9th, when we go and hopefully get this fixator off her leg. Oh yeah, and on that note, I called and they gave us some great news on that...it is included in the original price of the surgery(wheew...the thought of big money outlay is getting old).

The title to today's blog is a quote from Sharkboy this morning. Tomorrow is his 5th Birthday. He will be celebrating this whole weekend. Last night he got to pick where we went for dinner. He wanted to stay home and eat Volcano pizza and play Wii. So that my friends is exactly what we did. Tonight we will make the trek to TGI Fridays to have dinner with friends and family(about 14 or so). Then tomorrow I have to work, but he will be joining us at the firehouse about 4 for cake and ice cream. He doesn't know about it yet, but I think he will really enjoy it. He is growing up really fast. Some days he uses up my every last ounce of patience, but I would take nothing in exchange for the impact he has had on my life. I love that little guy. Happy 5th Birthday Sharkboy...

So I was reading this magazine today at the Dr. and it had a story about a guy that was constantly getting his vehicle keyed in the parking lot at work. He drove a Hummer H2 and he was tired of this occurring. His company had reviewed there security cameras but due to the location he parked it was not visible in the picture. Well having enough money to own an H2 apparently he had enough money to install surveillance cameras on his H2. Well it got keyed and he got the whole thing on tape. The police were contacted and the criminal that was keying his vehicle was identified and arrested. The criminal was a member of Greenpeace and the Sierra League. When questioned about his motives he said that he was targeting this vehicle because of it's carbon footprint and that it was killing the environment. Ok...now I am no environmentalist. I appreciate the environment, and am a bit concerned about global warming and general pollution. I also drive a full size pick up with a big 'ol fossil fuel burning V8 and don't plan to change that. I have to tell you that this person's reasoning for keying this truck really ticked me off. Global warming is a problem, but damaging someone's property is even worse. I hope they throw the book at him. That man disgusts me...(soap box being put away)

This week there isn't a lot on the schedule. Sharkboy gets his 5 y/o shots on Monday and after that we will head for the school we think he may attend for a conference and tour while school is in session. Other than that...just working and trying to keep our Daisy calm. The weather appears to be warming up also. Today and tomorrow will be in the 30's we are due for about another 2 or 3 day cold snap and then according to the weather people we start climbing...(maybe in the mid 40's)I can't wait. I definitely have a case of the "Winter Blahs"...and I don't think I will be able to go to Florida to shake them.

So until next time...

Be Kind, Be Safe...

Shalom my Peeps.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woohoo!!!
Thanks Jay! As you can see, I took your advice and it worked! Thanks!
Sooo...does he really like sharks?
Loved the whole carwash thing!

Jay said...

No problem...Glad it worked!

I call him Sharkboy because 2 years ago that is what he went as for Halloween. It just stuck.

The carwash was awesome, I will most likely post tomorrow with pictures...