Monday, January 19, 2009

The day in review...

Hey blog readers...well today has been a long and emotionally draining day. If you have read the previous postings you will understand.

After today I have realized that our dog means more to the family than is outwardly visible to the world. I am the first one to tell you that they are just dogs, until today. This has been a very eye opening day for Jenny, Sharkboy and I. Daisy really is a member of our family.

I want to take a second to express my thoughts on NIVES (Northeaster Indiana Veterinarian Emergency & Specialty)office. They have been 100% what I would expect from a professional health care facility for people, but they do it with animals. From the phone call to make the appointment to the post-op phone calls they have provided. They have done everything in their power to make this as easy as it can be. I would definitely recommend them for any specialty surgery your pet would need.

Tomorrow I will call in the morning to find out what time I can do the pick-up and get the home care instructions. That will begin a long healing process for Daisy at home. In the coming 8 weeks we will have to keep her activity to a minimum. I am going to disable to doorbell to avoid her usual Pavlovian reflex to it ringing. Then we will work on getting her acclimated to her new "No Furniture" life(at least for 8 weeks).

Again, Thank you to all who have offered their support. It means a lot...I can't say Thank you enough.

So it off to try and get some sleep tonight...more tomorrow.

Be Kind, Be Safe...

Shalom my Peeps.

1 comment:

Laura said...

So glad to hear that all is well...thanks for the updates!