Sunday, January 25, 2009

I love Sunny days...

Hey blog readers...so no update for a couple of days. I have to say though that it is great to look outside and see the sun. There is just something about the sun that makes me happy. I am also very happy to be back at work. I know a lot of people just go to work because they have to and they really look forward to their days off. I love my job and don't get me wrong, I like my days off, but I really like what I do. So long story short it is really nice to be back with the boys running calls and doing what we do...

Daisy is doing better today(according to Jenny). She developed an infection in her surgery leg below the actual incision. It is around one of the pins on her fixator. She is now on some antibiotics and we have adopted an almost always slightly sedated state for her to keep her calm. Now that is not saying she isn't aware of what is going on, she just sleeps more. She still wakes up occasionally and looks around and gets up and goes outside to go potty, just a little groggy. She has been sleeping in bed with us since Thurs. night and it seems to keep her comfy and sleeping most of the night(except her 2 am potty break). So we will just take this week nice and easy. Our next big landmark will be Thursday the 29th when she gets her staples out. Then we are in for the big haul to March 9th.

Friday night we decided that since Sharkboy was going to miss out on the Disney trip, for several reasons, we would get him/us a Wii. So Awesome Aunt Kelly advised that Target had Wii's. We mobilized...and were successful. When I brought it in Sharkboy flipped out. He was doing double fist pumps and screaming..."We got a Wii, We got a Wii". He was so happy(and there is nothing like an excited, happy kid). So after dinner we hooked it up and we played some bowling. He kept saying every time it was his turn, to watch out a "prefessional" was getting ready to go. He did pretty well...he plays at the babysitters occasionally. The only problem is, he thinks we should be playing 24/7. But I am sure(or hope)that we will be able to slow that up a bit.

We had ice rescue training today. I have to tell you that the last 10 years of doing ice rescue training for the fire department, I have always ended up with wet feet or a wet shirt. Well this year was different. We used these new suits and they are incredible. Warm, dry and I felt like I could move around in it. I did have a little residual air in the suit and looked a little goofy when I entered the water, but warm and dry = happy Jay.

Not a lot of big stuff on the horizon. Our goal this week is try to return to some semblance of normal life. I have been in a funk, and when I woke up this morning I decided it stopped then. Thank you again for all of your well wishes for Daisy...she is improving(slowly)and I look forward to sitting outside this summer on the deck laughing about everything(while sharing a libation with friends).

Oh yeah, and before I end this up today I want to Thank L.A. and F.i.L.(Mimi and Papa) for having Ethan for an overnight on Saturday. Somehow you guys always know the right time to jump in and help out. Jen and I feel that we can never tell you enough how much we appreciate and love you. That one night helped so much...Thank you!

So I think that is it for now...

Be Kind, Be Safe...

Shalom my Peeps!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have a great time with the Wii! We got one for Christmas and love it. Zach and I said "we're not big gamers, probably won't play much" Yeah right. We all love it. Word of advice-rent games from the movie store or the library before buying. They're really expensive and sometimes, you don't like them! Enjoy.