Sunday, January 11, 2009

To catch you up...

Hey blog readers...well it has been a while since I caught you up on things. Well here it is(the Cliff Notes version).

Christmas: Awesome time. I was able to enjoy the family the whole way through. My 4-day fell over the holiday and I enjoyed every minute. Here are some of the high points: Jenny loved her presents and Sharkboy seemed to enjoy his too...I got some great tools to help with my Golf Cart project, and F.i.L. and L.A. came up big with a rolling toolbox for my tools. We also got a visit from Athena and Sister on Christmas night. They brought more beer and we shared some laughs and just general conversation.

New Years: I worked. It was a pretty quiet evening. We slept all night, up until about 5am and then we went out on a sick person...and it wasn't from celebrating the New Year.

Jenny's Birthday(aka "Jen"uary): We did the dinner with friends thing the night before(great time, but the heater was killing me). Then I gave her all of her presents. She loved them. One of the presents I gave her were tickets to see Spamalot at the Morris(she really wanted to see this show). It was hilarious. I am a big Monty Python fan, so it lived up to a lot of my expectations. We laughed, and laughed and laughed some more.

Last night was our theatre night. We ended up after our show having dinner with F.i.L., L.A., Phil and Sherry. We went to The Vine, enjoyed some yummy food and conversation. The company was great, oh yeah and the beer was good too. I tried a new beer last night called 312. It is from Goose Island brewery in Chicago. It was yummy. A bit on the light side for my tastes(I am a big stout fan), but it had a nice hop to it and a very smooth finish.

Since it is my blog...I have the ability to take certain liberties. I would like to take a moment to wish L.A. Happy Birthday. Happy Birthday to an awesome lady that we love very much. Thank you for being you.

Well that is about it for now. We are in the throws of winter here. We have a pretty good amount of snow on the ground. So I think it is time to go out sledding. Maybe you will see some pictures of it in the near future. So until next time...

Be Kind, Be Safe

Shalom my peeps.

3 comments:

Aleea said...

I am a big fan of the 312. It is more of a summer beer in my humble opinion, but a tasty one at that. Goose Island makes some seriously tasty beer.

I had a Bell's Winter White last night at dinner. It was, as expected, fabulous. Ah, Bells.

Jay said...

I also enjoyed a Bell's Amber as well as a Stella Artois...both were yummy, and have crossed my path before...the 312 was a new try. I would agree on the Summer tag as well.

Ah Bell's Indeed.

Awesome Aunt Kelly said...

I think maybe instead of calling them Cliff notes, you should call the Chuck notes!