Friday, January 23, 2009

This is getting to be more like having a baby all over again...

Hey blog readers...I don't have a lot of time to post a big post today, but I thought I would jump on here and touch on a couple of things.

Our Tuesday night was left as some what of a mystery. Sorry for that, but I wasn't really ready to type the whole ordeal out. So long story short, Daisy had a nasty reaction to her sedative. She was gasping for breath, twitching and shaking uncontrolably and unable to lift her head. She lost all control of her bodily functions as well. I guess the best way to describe it was our dog was a noodle. Well on Wednesday morning we rushed her to our vet and it was determined she had recieved too much sedative(puppy overdose). There was some time in that whole ordeal that we had decided that we didn't want to put her through much more...you can imagine the emotion that was flowing from that. Well no worries, she has bounced back.

After our run in with the sedatives Jenny and I vowed to never give her sedative again. Well last night was Jenny's night on the couch(we had decided to take turns) and I was in bed. Well at 2:30 am Daisy was wanting to wander around the house. Jenny was frustrated and it was very aparent that we need to figure something out. So we put her in bed with us...we picked her up, she didn't jump. We also broke our new role and decided to give her the new dose of sedative. Well that was great success. Jenny and I got 4 hours of good sleep. So we are going to make the sedative a nightly routine for a while...for us as much as her.

This whole thing is starting to wear on Sharkboy. He is starting to act up and not listen and Jenny and I think he is a little jealous of Daisy and all the attention she is getting. So Jenny and I are looking into doing some things with him to remind him he is our son and we think he is cool and we love him. So we have now started Operation Make Ethan feel important too.

Well that is all I have time for now. I will be on later and maybe have some more current Daisy pictures. She is looking and feeling better. Now on to my Friday.

Be Kind, Be Safe...

Shalom my Peeps.

No comments: