Sunday, May 11, 2008

Sunday, Sunday, Sunday...Happy Mothers Day.

Hey blog fans...

Been a busy couple of days...nothing too monumental, just lots of time away from the house. So sit back and enjoy the ride. This one won't really take too long.

Finished up a 36 hour shift yesterday at 7pm. It was uneventful. No calls, but plenty of inspections. Did get to tie up some loose ends I had on some projects though. After I got off work we met UNC at his new apartment and went out for dinner. It was a lot of fun. We went to a restaurant in Elkhart called "The Chubby Trout". Good food and they had a great selection of both beers as well as Martinis. I enjoyed "Upland Wheat" while Jenny had a Raspberry Ale...mine was yummy, and Jenny reported the same.

After dinner CG and his wife met us with his sister in-law and her annoying fiance. He was one of those guys that had to have a story to equal yours or top yours. Everytime I would stop telling a story he would come up with some story that was similar...problem was...he was drunk and couldn't tell a story. He continually got up and went to the bar to hang out with his buddies that were there...I think he may have been intimidated by me. Not in a physical way...just I was on a story roll, and he was...well drunk.

Once we got home it was off to bed. Jenny was forced to the couch last night. Between the dog and I, I was told we were snoring pretty good. Sorry honey...you know what beer and exhaustion equal with me. I am very sorry you had to sleep on the couch...however Daisy was able to stretch out on her side and pretty much stay off me, so we slept pretty hard.

Back to work this morning. However I had trade time so I could enjoy "Movin' Out" at the Morris with Jenny. It was a great show. Lots of great music and the dancing was incredible. The lead male does this thing at one point in the show where he is face down on the floor and walking backwards on his hands. It is incredible...but the most incredible thing I saw was there was this girl in the final number. She was standing on one foot with her other leg straight up her body...knee in front of her face and she kissed it. I think I am in love...

After the show Jenny and I enjoyed one of our favorite restaurants, The Vine. It was yummy and I was happy to get some time to just chat with her.

Well now I am back at work and getting ready for bed. So on the plans for tomorrow there is work at the Part Time Gig and UNC has a softball game I just may pack a cooler for. So sleep well tonight blog readers...and remember:

Be Kind and Be Safe.

Shalom my Peeps.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Well, I'm glad you enjoyed "Movin' Out", the only enjoyable part for working it, was packing it up! The crowds seemed to really like the shows though!