Wednesday, May 21, 2008

L.F.D. and Today...

Hey blog readers...sorry for no blog last night. I was a bit on the tired side. I don't sleep well at Sta. 1 so in turn...I was pretty tired last night. 37 hour turn went off without a hitch. I am now in the midst of my 4 day. So here is the last two days in my life...enjoy.

Yesterday was LFD...It was filled with lots of stuff to do. We got some cleaning and mowing done in the morning. Then after lunch I went to the CTC (Command Training Center) for some training. The CTC is a facililty where we can do virtual firefighting. More decision making skills rather than actual physical skills, water doesn't mix well with computers. So long story short, in the scenario I was left in the kitchen of an apartment a little too long so I had to call a Mayday. It wasn't planned however...it ended up being the computer locked up. I really wasn't trapped. Thank goodness it was just a computer goof up.

We had a walk through of an abandoned building and then supper. After supper UNC came by with the girls and had his car seat installed properly by yours truely. The girls then got to climb around on the fire trucks...it sure is nice to have an Uncle Jay that can facilitate that. However MoMo kept saying in her little 2 y/o voice. "Don't start it" everytime she got in the trucks and "This is so cool". She was really cute. I gave them little fire hats to take home.

Today I worked the part time gig...nuff said. I am not sure how long this part time gig is going to hold on. The money virsus the constant battle with the full time person may end up not being a good balance.

Tonight when I got home I mowed the yard and got things looking good again. I absolutely love the look of a fresh mowed lawn. It could be one of my favorite things. Then it was play time with Sharkboy.

During American Idol tonight, David Cook(the eventual winner) was singing with ZZ Top. Which was very cool in it's own right. Sharkboy was getting into it and singing along while playing air guitar. But that isn't the funny part. During the song there is a lyric that says the following: "Every girls crazy bought a sharp dressed man". Sharkboy however was singing and said..."Hey that's me, every girls crazy about a shark dressed man". Jen and I immediately burst into laughter...driving him into an air guitar riff like none other. It is one of those "Out of the mouths of babes" moments.

That is about all I have to offer this evening. Tomorrow I am on Sharkboy to and from school detail and while he is at school I have some shopping to do. Shoes and clothes girls...I know your jealous. And then to New Carlisle for the "Thursday Night Chior" trip and maybe a trip to Hooters with UNC...we will see how things unfold.

So until next time...

Be Kind, Be Safe...

Shalom my Peeps.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can see Ethan jumping around and singing. Now, can you get him to do the 'Risky Business' dance in his underwear and socks?