Sunday, May 25, 2008

Looking forward to this week...

Hey blog fans, here is the latest update. Lots of stuff has happened since the last entry...and out of fear of getting carpal tunnel, I will only hit the high points. So sit back and enjoy the ride...

Thursday was Sharkboy's last day at PDO for the year. He said goodbye to all of his teachers and his little buddies for the summer. I took the whole day off so I could handle drop off and pick up duties. It was a lot of fun and he was whipped tired. The basically played outside all day. While he was at school I did some shopping for my trips this coming week. Productive day for both of us. After school we went home and played outside until Jenny got home. Then it was off to New Carlisle for the Thursday night Chior trip. Sharkboy and I hung out at Memaw and Grandpa's house while Jenny was singing.

Thursday night I hit Hooters with UNC. It was fun. It was bike night, so all the motorcycles were there. We had a couple beers and chatted with the Hooters girls. Good times...

Friday I worked at the part time gig. Much of the same there. However PIA wasn't there so I didn't have to put up with that shit. I actually was quite productive. Put away a ton of freight. That night we had Volcano pizza...OMG...Yum!!! Jenny had the idea, and a grand idea it was. I absolutely Love volcano pizza.

Saturday we spent the day running errands. We hit Grammy Karen and Pa Bruce's where they were having a garage sale. AAK and UNC were selling thing they no longer needed. We just hung out and Sharkboy got to play with girls. However when he was not playing with the girls, he was selling. This nice lady made the mistake of saying Hi to him. He was cute, and she thought how much harm could saying Hi do. Think of it this way...have you ever been to a used car lot and made the mistake of saying hello to a salesman. We all have, they follow you around asking you questions and seeming to not be pressuring you while the whole time you feel pressed like a pair of trousers at a chinese laundry...that is what happened to this lady. At one point Sharkboy was following her down the driveway saying "hey lady want to buy this...it's pretty nice." She asked what it was and I informed Sharkboy that it was a Quesadilla maker and he told her it was a real nice Quesadilla maker and she should buy it. She had that freshly pressed look to her and made a bee line out of there. My little man is quite the high pressure salesman. I see appliances in his future.

Last night we made contact with Scully. It is real exciting, she will be in "The Bend" this coming week. The sad part is I won't...more on that later. But I am hoping to catch up with her on Wednesday night while I pass through town. So if your reading this and you live in South Bend or a reasonable distance...she will be at the Hacienda on Portage at 6pm. Come say hi and hang out a bit.

Today is my only day working this rotation. Between training and cleaning my truck and getting ready for my trip next week that is about it for today. I am heading out tomorrow to Gull Lake for the annual golf outing. There will be plenty of alcohol, cigars, stories, and general anarchy. Wednesday I will pass through South Bend on my way to West Lafayette for annual conference for my church. So there will be no blogs on Monday and Tuesday and most likely with how late I will be getting to the hotel on Wednesday...maybe not Wednesday either...but definately Thurs. So until then blog readers...vote in the poll and hang in there, I'll be back.

Oh yeah...welcome to the blog world AAK. You can check out her blog at:
www.theshutterspot.blogspot.com

Be Kind, Be Safe...

Shalom my Peeps.

No comments: