Friday, May 30, 2008

From the road...

Greetings blog readers....I am in West Lafayette right now for annual conference for my church. It has been a slow process, but time is still moving forward, just at a snails pace. The best part of the whole thing is that I get good broadband connection here and am able to blog. I am sitting right now in an executive session...and am using my blog time as a crutch to stay awake.

Yesterday I was able to play hooky from the afternoon session. I can honestly say that it was an example of reading ahead actually got me ahead. In school I was never very good at reading ahead let alone reading my assigned reading. But this time I was already informed and could skip the information sessions this afternoon. I played a course called Coyote Crossing. It was very nice. The course was in excellent condition and I was able to move right around without any waiting.

Last night I was able to meet up with our old neighbor Gayle. She lives down here, for another couple weeks. We had dinner and were able to catch up. We ate at what I like to call a "Stripmall Mexican Place". You know the mexican restaurants that pop up in stripmalls. You know you won't be dissappointed when the only english the staff speaks is whatever is printed in the menu(exactly how it is printed, no substitutions are allowed). I had yummy combo burrito and a beer.

Yesterday at lunch I was able to sneak away and catch some of the NCAA Division 1 Golf Tournament that is going on here at Birck Boilermaker Golf Complex. I had a stroke of genius...I was dressed in my golf shirt and khakis and when I walked up to the gate to get on the course I flashed my badge and they ushered me in. No quesitons asked. I have never tried anything like that before, but it worked and I was able to watch some pretty good college golf and get out and get some fresh air during lunch break(and it was all free).

On the plans for lunch today is get out and visit some firehouses around West Lafayette. Go out and meet some of my brothers and sisters that are doing what I love to do and miss...weird, I am on vacation and I miss my job. Then I am not sure what is up for dinner. Maybe dinner with Gayle again, or maybe I may get out and do some networking with the other conference goers. We will see what I am motivated to do.

So I hope you are all having a good day...I will be back later to update some more.

So....Be Kind, Be Safe.

Shalom my Peeps!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now, when you say you were writing this during an 'executive session'...do you mean the same thing that what we call at work an 'executive meeting'? Were you going poo?