Saturday, May 17, 2008

Sharkboy Grows Up...

Hey blog fans, sorry for the little teaser yesterday. I was exhausted after a long afternoon of breaking and cutting concrete for tactical rescue training, and I still have the sore shoulders to prove it. Many of you know that I participate in the regional Tactical Rescue team and yesterday we got to play a bit. It was a good afternoon of teaching and breaking stuff.

Well it has been a couple of days so let me help catch you up...sit back and enjoy...

Thursday Jenny and I took the day off to go to the zoo with Sharkboy's pre-school. This is the 2nd year that both of us were able to go. It is a lot of fun to go places with the kids. They are all so curious and excited to be curious. We teamed up with another Mom...Quinn's Mom and Quinn. Sharkboy seems to be into the Big Cats...Tigers, Lions, Snow Leopards. As always the Prairie Dogs were a big hit with all of their burrows and play. Like most pre-school groups all of the kids had their name tags on their backs. You know, so they don't peel them off. There was one boy walking around and he had a different tag. It looked like a sunburst and this is what it said..."Gabe No Nuts". Seriously. Ok, now read it again. The 3 adults in the group laughed, and laughed and then made jokes as we walked around. Seriously...that Mom needs to proof read her name tag next time.

Friday for me has pretty much been covered. Jenny and Sharkboy planted flowers around the house and spent the day outside..."Blowing the Stink Off". I made a run by the house in the Engine while we were out getting dinner. All the neighbor kids were out, but the neighbor blowing up the inflatable trampoline was much more interesting than me. What ever happened to kids being excited about a firetrucks.

Today was a pretty big day. I worked the morning at a carseat clinic at our Sta. 1. It scares the hell out of me to see how people secure their kids in cars. To the many people that came through today...Kudos. Here is my little public service announcement. Have your seat installed by a certified car seat tech. If they don't have you sign a release, they most likely aren't certified. Also meaning they most likely don't know what they are doing. It needs to be done right. It is very important...but I shouldn't need to tell you that, they are our babies. Other than that, it went well and many people are going down the road safely due to taking a few minutes out of their morning. After that...I went to get a hair cut. Thank you Cassie, you are awesome! I always like to come and visit, oh yeah...and you keep me handsome. You Rock!

This afternoon our little man grew up...as the title suggested. I picked up his big boy bed. After some minor installation we were on our way. He is pretty pumped about it. I am thinking that if you come over to the house in the next several weeks you will be directed, by him, to check it out. After being able to lay down and read books in his bed with him tonight...I am proud to say: "Our Little Man is sleeping in a Big Boy bed".

That is really it for the updates, but wait, don't quit on me yet...

I have a couple of shout outs tonight. He doesn't read this, but thanks mattress store guy for the great deal on Sharkboy's big boy bed. Cassie, again...nice job lowering my ears today. Mom and Dad Edwards...Thank you for the support. Your definately family to us too...Thanks for hangin with me on this blog thing. Athena...great catch on the typo, funny thing is, I thought about that but it just seemed right when I read it. However I had been drinking Gentleman Jack on the Rocks while I was blogging. UNC...Congrats on the new ride. Scully...where is your update. Girl I know your busy, but throw me a bone...I miss your updates.

Well that is about all I have to offer tonight. Tomorrow is a work day...I will try to post tomorrow night (we will see).

So until next time...(help Gabe find his nuts...LOL)

Be Kind, Be Safe...

Shalom my Peeps!

No comments: