Friday, May 9, 2008

The first of many....

Well howdy blog readers...many of you I am sure are coming over from my Myspace blog. Let me first thank you for your continued support and hopefully this blog will not let you down.

Well it has been several days since my last blog. I believe we were just getting ready to leave for Indy for the Casting Crowns/Leeland concert. But it has been a pretty fun week so far, so sit back and enjoy the ride...and drink 'em if you got 'em. I sadly will not be writing this under the influence since I am in the midst of a 36 hour turn. Here it goes...

Well Jenny and I made the journey south to Indy for a concert at the State Fair Grounds. It was Casting Crowns and Leeland (www.castingcrowns.com or www.Leelandonline.com) if you want to check them out. It was a great concert. The older I get, I guess the more I appreciate this but we noticed something while at the concert. At Christian Rock concerts if someone bumps into you they say "oh...sorry" or "excuse me" but at secular concerts it would most likely be more like..."watch where your fucking going". I digress...Mark Hall once again had the crowd in the palm of his hand and moved many hearts. He is a very powerful speaker and I enjoyed the concert very much.

We made the tedious drive north, back home on Saturday. But not before Jenny and I got to meet up with one of her friends, the future Mrs. Lobo. We always like to visit with her. She is a blast...oh yeah and Jenny also found a bikini. This has been a long hard search for the bikini...but alas, it has been found.

Let me see, Sharkboy seems to over his little battle of not listening. He is back to be a well adjusted 4 y/o little boy. I am not saying that he always listens, but he is back to as normal as he can be. He made Jenny a Mother's Day card. It is decorated like a 4 y/o would decorate a card and his teachers have this little form letter insert that they glued inside. It is a little saying that hey prompt a response from him and then they write it in. It reads. "Roses are Red and Violets are Blue. I love you as much as _______." This is where you would add his response and what was hand written is was "Gavin" He loves his Mommy as much as his friend Gavin...wow. Can't wait to see how much he loves his Daddy.

Monday went and watched UNC play softball. There was a dude there straight out to the late '80's. No kidding. He had on Zubba pants and a muscle shirt. On his arms he had wrist bands, elbow band and some sweatbands on his biceps. Best we could figure is that they were safeties for his guns.

Insook our Korean neighbor invited us over for some traditional food the other night. She is a professor at a local university (Not the one with the football team, the one accross the street) and was having some of her students that were graduating over for dinner and invited us to join them. The food was good, but it tore me up. Sharkboy entertained the girls for the better part of half an hour. I just sat back and enjoyed the show. He is such a little ham. We are going to have to do some research into where he gets that from.

The rest of the week has been work. I am in the middle of a 36 hour shift and am looking forward to dinner tomorrow with Jenny, UNC and CG and his wife at the Chubby Trout.

Hopefully you will like the change in format on the blog...I will be simulcasting it for a couple days, but after that...Blogspot all the way folks.

So remember: Be Kind, Be Safe.

Shalom my Peeps.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Yay! You're finally on a real blog site! I'll have to show you the video of the skydive next time I see you. Have a great rest of the weekend!