Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Sun was out and the weather was beautiful...

Howdy blog fans...it has been a busy week so far. Mostly working at the part time gig, but I also have a little funny story to add. So sit back and enjoy the ride tonight...oh yeah, and feel free to enjoy an adult beverage (if your of age)...I am.

Monday was a typical Monday off from the fire house. I went to work at the part time gig. I was pretty productive. Got lots of little projects that I dug up completed and was able to finish a couple of others. At night I went to UNC's softball game. I packed a cooler this week. It was an awesome idea. AAK joined us as well. The cooler my friends was packed with the mixings for Gin and Tonics. However due to the strict no alcohol policy at the park we had to go undercover. AAK chose a Target soft drink cup, UNC had an old Mc D's cup and I sported the Starbucks coffee cup from the morning. It was a great time...and we felt like we were getting away with something. After the game we headed for pizza at Barnaby's...all I have to say is YUM! The only notable event there was UNC's coach drank a pitcher of beer by himself in less than an hour...oh yeah and ate 2 pieces of pizza. Wow...

Today I took Sharkboy to school. I had drop off duty. That went well...I always enjoy dropping him off. I am usually the only Dad...and that is alright with me. I worked the part time gig...it was beautiful outside and it was tough not to just leave and go to the golf course. It was a great exercise in self control. I came home and mowed and enjoyed a cigar afterwords...life is good. Sharkboy requested crunchy tacos tonight and his wish appeared to be Jenny's command.

Now it was my turn to clean Sharkboy in the bath. I usually let him play for awhile...coming and going and letting him have a good time with his bath toys. Well tonight was no different, except for what is to follow. Sharkboy discovered his little boy parts...he was laying on his back and calling me. When I walked in...he was at full mast. He said "Daddy it is stiff" I began to laugh...he called Jenny and she came in and he said "Look Mommy it is stiff"....now both parents are paralyzed with laughter. He then proceeded to say "hey, look what else I can do and he began to make it bounce..." I almost threw up I was laughing so hard. Jenny walked away to avoid the uncomfortable nature of what was going on and I had my opportunity to let him know that it will do that sometimes...he seemed to understand and finished his bath. OMG nobody warned us about this part of parenting.

Well that is about it for now...working the part time gig tomorrow. Zoo trip with Sharkboy's school on Thursday. So until next time...

Be Kind, Be Safe...

Shalom my peeps.

1 comment:

Ash said...

Kinda speechless right now, leave to Ethan to make an exciting evening at the Leonard house. Might need to keep on eye on him once Christmas comes around again and the tree is decorated with the gold decorations.