Sunday, October 5, 2008

Tailgating and Corn Maze...in review.

Hey Blog readers...well yesterdays outing to Notre Dame was, as usual, a great success. I was joined by UNC and Absofab for some fun on campus.

We met at Absofabs house due to her proximity to campus. For those of you that are curious, it is about a 2 beer walk from her house. We arrived on campus and began our Gypsy like search for beer and food...

Our first stop...well at least our planned first stop did not pan out. The people that Absofab thought would be out there, ended up being responsible adults that stayed home to assure soberness for a birthday party later that night(crazy, I know).

Second Stop...well it was a fine stop. Martin, one of our engineers at the fire house, his Mom and Step-Dad have a big tailgate every home game. Well they were there, but Martin was in Paris. I know rough life huh...well it was Julie, Martin's Mom's Birthday, so we wished her a happy birthday and enjoyed a beer and some great conversation with them.

3rd Stop...we hit WDC's tailgate. This guy is awesome...another fire fighter friend. He had a nice spread. They were having an Italian theme to their tailgate. With Wine, Cheese, and Sausages. They also had shredded beef sandwiches, but I am not really sure their connection to Italy. WDC's son is a commercial airline pilot, the only thing that alarmed me about him was the fact that he had substituted a koozy for his beer with a glove. His explanation was, that his hand will conform to whatever he is drinking...genius(unless you see a pilot climbing into the cockpit with one glove on). Well WDC's tailgate was a frequent stop for the rest of the afternoon, he had beer and was very generous in it's distribution.

4th Stop...we hit one of UNC's friends from work's tailgate. It was a nice little stop. I scored a yummy Bloody Mary...and it's proximity to WDC's was nice, since Taylor (UNC's friend) only had Bud Light (Bud Light + Jay = certain headache). While at this stop however I may have made my only mistake of the day. Absofab needed to visit the facilities. Well she has an eagle eye for quality facilities, so we headed for the ACC to use the indoor bathrooms, that facilitated this great little thing called hand washing. Well I didn't particularly have to go, but since I was there I thought what the heck...well friends, the seal was broken(and at this point about every 30 min. or so I was looking for a location to pee so just keep that in mind for the rest of the day). So we treked back to Taylors to see what was next up. Well, UNC was waiting to meet up with a friend, so this is when Absofab and I headed for another party...

Stop 5...We met up with BOP(I should make the introduction...BOP is another Jen, that works with my Jenny, she will be making appearances in the blog I am sure...I will add her to the blog characters). Well BOP's boyfriend and his business partner have a great little tailgate at all the home games. They could put out some crackers and cheese, and have a great tailgate just by their proximity alone. They are right outside Gate C of the stadium which is on the South End Zone portion of the stadium. They had yummy food, and the drunks were entertaining too. One in particular learned that they owned a company and in his drunken, F-bomb and drooling state was trying to land an internship. I am sure that is how it is done...so I am sure he is right on track for a successful career. Well while at BOP's tailgate she cleared up the question that had been in the back of my mind since I met her..."Why does she carry such a big purse"...now you have to understand why it is that I call her BOP. It is and acronym for Big Ol' Purse. Well she cleared up at least one reason why she carries this enormous bag...

Her purse doubles as a beer tote/Koozy. This particular bag also had a mesh like look to it that I am sure it so control the internal humidity. Keeping things dry and safe in their enormous shelter. (But it is a stunning bag). Well we met some of their friends, talked cigars, talked about some over looked freedoms...you know, typical drunken conversation. Scored a tasty cigar from Dave...and hung out until kick-off...We love you BOP and Dave...and company thanks for a nice time.

Well we started our trek home. At this point we had lost UNC. We tried to call him several times but to no avail. I called Jenny to express my loss and that fact I felt bad we had lost him and she said she was going to try to call him to see where he was. Well, just as we were about to cross the street we looked back and there he was...what are the odds....well we walked back and bid each other a fare the well(still a 2 beer walk...but they were skipped to sober up enough to drive home). Oh yeah...Athena, you are always welcome to tailgate. Our next outing will be on Nov. 1st. against Pittsburg....just let me know and we can figure out the logistics.

Then last night we did the corn maze with UNC, his girls, AAK and AUJ. It was really good time...we acquired some pumpkins for the fall/Halloween season and enjoyed a bit of a stroll through the corn field...

Well that is about it...we are planning a productive day of yard work and fun for today. Jenny went to church and sang, Sharkboy and I were just not feeling it. So that is all I have for now...

So until next time...Be Kind, Be Safe...

Shalom my Peeps!!!

No comments: