Wednesday, October 1, 2008

REAL MEN WEAR PINK!!!

Hey blog readers...today is the first day of Breast Cancer Awareness month. Well Clay Fire decided to jump on board. I can honestly say that I have never truely been affected by breast cancer. I know people that have been diagnosed and survived, but I would be fooling you if I said it affected me, touched me, yes. I am more aware of it, but it has not changed my daily life. That would be my definition of affected. However, I have decided to look into breast cancer closer and am going to use my blog to point out some of the things that I will discover. Maybe even help you all learn something you don't already know. I am not usually a band wagon jumper, but this time I have decided to jump in both feet and learn about this disease.

Glendale Fire Department in Glendale Arizona has a Pink Fire truck they are touring the country with right now. Our Fire Marshall decided to contact them and see if they would stop by our station on their tour. Well they did and it was today. It was a very moving tribute (no pun intended). This Pink fire truck was signed by Breast Cancer survivors, and it was completely covered. Our department decided to put all of our fire fighters in Pink t-shirts, for this occassion. Here are some pictures from the visit...(if you want to see more...visit my myspace www.myspace.com/clayfire40 and look at the album).

Our sign...announcing the Pink Ribbon Tour

The back of our modified Uniform shirts.

The Pink Fire Truck arriving at Clay Station 1.

The door emblem of the Pink Fire Truck.

The window decal of the Pink Fire Truck

Custom Pink Turnout gear for the "Guardians of the Ribbon"

The Ribbon Statue.The Clay Fire crew with the Pink Fire Truck.

So as you see from the pictures...things were a big success. I will close this post for now, but I will be adding todays Breast Cancer fact in another post.

So as always...

Be Kind, Be Safe, Be Aware

Shalom my Peeps.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the photo's! Can you send me the group shot for our files, would love to have it? Thanks so much for all your support! See you next year!
Lisa

laurieedwards said...

That is awesome Jay! Love it.

Anonymous said...

SAVE THE TATAS