Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Welcome to Northern Indiana October weather...

Hey blog readers...thought I would jump on here and update. Not a whole lot of new to report. We are gearing up for this weekends festivities but for the most part life is "status quo" a the Leonard house.

Sharkboy is making the final preperations for his Halloween costume. It was originally going to Zeke from the Disney Channel show Zeke and Luther, but he has decided he would just be Tony Hawk. He was tired of explaining his costume to people, and it seems that Tony Hawk is a much more recognized name. Now we just need to get him (or preferably borrow) a real skate board.

This weekend is packed with fun activities. Friday night we have "Trunk or Treat" at Sharkboy's school. I have never been and I will be arriving late, so I can't give you a preview. But it should be a good time I am told. Then on Saturday we will venture to my parent's house for a soup lunch where we will draw names for the Christmas gift exchange. We are changing up our Christmas celebration this year, and I am looking forward to it. I can't wait to see how it all works out. Then Sunday we have Trick or Treat in New Carlisle. We are headed out to the Annual "John's Tailgate, Drink or Treat". It is always a good time and I can't wait to hang out with everyone and see people walking there kids around that I haven't seen in a long time. It will be, if like in past years, a small school reunion.

Now onto the title of this blog...We are currently under a Tornado Warning and they have already issued a Tornado Watch that will expire sometime around Mid-afternoon. Schools are closing, Universities are issuing shelter orders. Seriously, to me it is just your typical Fall storm rolling through. Someone last night on F.B. sent out a story saying this storm would be worse than the storm that sunk the Edmond Fitzgerald. I am not a historian, but this is a ship that sank in November of 1975 on Lake Superior. Come on people...it is 2010, we have better technology, better built ships, better warning and frankly(and maybe a little insensitive) we are not on a ship, nor do I plan to be on a ship today. I think with all of our avenues to communicate we now over react to storms. Who is shocked that it is windy and rainy in Indiana in October? I'm not. What is next...OMG it is going to snow this winter... I understand we should be prepared, but issuing orders that insite panic in people and closing schools it a bit overboard.

Well that is all I have for now...the wind is pretty steady, maybe I will go fly a kite, seemed to work out pretty good for Ben Franklin.

Be Kind, Be Safe...

Shalom my Peeps.

1 comment:

Aleea said...

Yeah, that kind of weather overreaction wears me out. I get taking shelter when needed but I go a little insane when a storm is described to have "cloud to ground lightening" -- for the love of all that is holy, does that REALLY need to be described as surely it is apparent to anyone with a set of working eyes.

If it makes you feel any better, every freaking storm that was named or not named that formed in some way shape or form was eagerly and intensely discussed by the weather personnel here. I honestly think they are a little disappointed we didn't get blown off the map.