Friday, October 8, 2010

Porch Drinks

Hey blog readers...so we are in the throws of what the "weather people" are calling "Indian Summer". Well I don't really know what that is exactly, but the weather the last few days has been amazing. We have been in the high 70's during the day and in the low 50's at night. Pour that in a bowl and mix it up and I would say you have a delightful little dish.

Last night after Sharkboy's football practice I met Jenny, L.A. and F.i.L. at Bob's 19th Hole to have dinner with Scully and M.B. Scully is in from her North West home and it was an opportunity to catch up. I was so glad that they chose Bob's. It isn't a glamourous restaurant or anything, so don't get your hopes up, but they do Midwestern bar food up right. I had a Patty Melt that was to die for. Next time I may have to try what my friend Car Guy describes as a dish you would only eat if you had no self respect, The Pork Tenderloin sandwich. Well Jenny and Sharkboy exited early as did L.A. and F.i.L. due to bed time issues and work/school the next day. I stayed to chat and catch up. We were having a great conversation when we noticed that it appeared that they were trying to close the restaurant around us. So we took this little party on the road. We went to Scully's Dad's house in New Carlisle.

Now their house is an old house with a great big porch that I can only describe as something from the past. They just don't build houses with porches like that anymore. We each got our beverage of choice and headed out. We had some porch time with porch drinks. It was amazing. We laughed, caught up and just generally enjoyed each others company.

So, here's to porch drinks, and catching up with old friends!

This weekend is shaping up to be a great one too...Sharkboy's football team will play their last home game tomorrow. Then I think I will venture out to the greatest college football tailgate in the world and wander around. Then it is out to dinner with T-Bone and Banker Chick. Sunday I work, but for the better part of the day we will be at a public event showing off our truck and talking about the "Greatest Job in the World".

Have a safe weekend...

Be Kind, Be Safe,

Shalom my Peeps.

1 comment:

Aleea said...

nothing quite like a nice porch, a beverage and old friends. Life is good.