Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Some days just seem longer than others...

Hey blog readers...today has been a long one. I found out this morning while reading e-mails that I am being moved to Sta. 1. Now the general idea of moving to Sta. 1 really doesn't bother me. I will go on more calls, but that is what I do this job for. It is just the idea of packing up all of my stuff again and moving to a different station that bothers me. But, I seem to be getting over it now, but I am sure I will have more to vent later. I have vented to my very patient driver and we seem to be ready for the move(he is moving with me).

So now on with the rest of the blog...here are some things that I have been thinking about lately...reflections if you will.

The longer I am a parent the more I understand all of the things that during my non-parental life that confused me. I never realized that I had so much capacity to love someone as much as I love Sharkboy. Now, that does not go without saying that sometimes I just want to shake the naughty out of him. During our trip, I missed him like nobody could ever imagine. I think I hid it pretty well, but I was crazy inside. The first thing I did when I got home was go in and see him. Now it was 11-ish at night, so I didn't get to talk to him, but I knew he was there and somehow that made me feel a lot better. He is a cool little boy...

The longer I am married, the more I appreciate Jenny as a wife. She takes very good care of us. She is patient with Sharkboy and even more patient with me. It isn't a very easy life being married to a fireman, let alone me. But somehow she does it and still thanks me all the time for being her husband.

I have the greatest in-laws in the world. They are gracious and giving and unlike most people...I can't use the old "In-Laws" saying. I can't relate to the embattled in-law problems other people have. They are simply the coolest. I love them a lot.

I have great friends...not enough room to describe everything. I am just honored to have great friends.

Ok...enough of the mushy stuff.

Tomorrow I am working the part time gig. Things have been going Ok there, and I am hoping it isn't just because I haven't been there a lot. Then Friday I have a Daddy day with Sharkboy. Not really sure what is going to happen, but I am sure it will be fun. Then this weekend I have an overtime detail at St. Pat's park for an event they are having. So check back...I think I have my blogging legs back under me.

Be Kind, Be Safe...

Shalom my Peeps.

No comments: