Friday, June 27, 2008

Daddy Day's Rule...

Hey everybody...today was a Daddy Day. That is a little thing Sharkboy and I created a couple years back. It is basically the 2 of us hangin' out for a day. Some real male bonding. They are always a blast...

Yesterday I worked the part time gig. It really wasn't that hot, but it was humid beyond comfort. Nothing really to report...just a day that beat me to exhaustion.

This morning Sharkboy and I started our Daddy day with Daddy Pancakes and sticky dip. A favorite of ours to share. Then we wrestled and played with the little cars. Then we headed to take some pictures to Mommy so she could show her friends. That is when we invited her out on a date tonight.

We shared lunch at the new Sonic down the street and he thought it was pretty cool to eat in the truck. It was yummy. But I noticed that at other Sonics that I have been to the car hops were on roller skates. Ours was on tennis shoes. Maybe they have to build up to that level...Then Sharkboy and I headed home for a nap. OMG friends...that nap was unbelievable.

Jenny came home and we took her out on a date. Her 2 men out on the town with her. We ate Hacienda and watched Kung Fu Panda. While at the theatre Sharkboy had to go potty. We went in and he had finished up and was pulling his own pants up. Now for those of you that have not witnessed a 4 y/o pulling his pants up you have to understand it is a challenge. Undies twist and things just don't work as easy the do when you have 35 years experience. So he had is undies up just as I looked over to check up on him. I noticed that his "junk" was hanging out of the leg hole. He did too...then he exclaimed "No one wants to see that". I laughed, and should I have not been in a public restroom, I would have probably rolled on the floor laughing. He says some of the most grown up off the wall things.

Well we just tucked him in for the night. He thanked me for a great day, and I returned the appreciation.

Oh...I almost forgot. Shout out to Athena on her 150th post. I also have to say that as soon as I read 151 I thought about rum as well. At least I won't be alone at the meetings. Also...AAK, I hope your air conditioner is still running well. I wouldn't want to go through this time of year without Air.

Well, now Jenny and I are going to enjoy a glass of wine and hit the hay ourselves...So until next time.

Be Kind, Be Safe...

Shalom my Peeps.

2 comments:

Scully said...

the Junk comment made me laugh out loud!

Aleea said...

Love Sharkboy's wisdom. See you in AA, buddy:)