Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Busy day in hosedraggerland...

Hello readers...I hope this finds you all well. Today was a busy little day here in Hosedraggerland(an affectionate title handed out by the local police). So here it goes...

Made the trip to the grocery store this morning prior to work. I want to know when they are planning on finishing our Meijer...that place has been under construction for the last 5 years. It is always something. Today I went in the grocery side. Now usually you would think a grocery store would keep their carts near the groceries. Not Meijer today. Some moron in the planning department planned some construction on the cash registers and moved all the carts to the hardlines side. Isn't the big draw in a super grocery store the groceries...some genius thought, Hey let's put the carts farthest away from the groceries. That will make people happy...they are lucky I have no other options since Walmart is the only practical alternative and I don't do Walmart. Hopefully, they will be done soon.

Great news around here...our Sonic is going to open next week. It was some what of an instant restaurant. It has gone up in record time. I can't wait...Cherry Limeades all around.

After my turmoil at Meijer I arrived safely at the firehouse. Today we started our own little construction project. We are putting up an insulated wall up against an uninsulated block wall. All in the name of comfort and noise reduction and since it is the bunk room...all the better. I assisted our Battalion Chief in applying reflective decals on the back of the engine. The newest trend in firefighter safety. I will post pictures soon, so you can check them out.

So a long day of construction and working on fire trucks in almost to a close. Notice I didn't mention any calls...well that is because we had none. But that is alright...just means someone wasn't having a bad day.

Well it is off to the lay-z-boy for me...working the part time gig tomorrow and they are calling for warm humid day in an unairconditioned plant. I may melt...so until tomorrow.

Be Kind, Be Safe...stay cool...

Shalom my Peeps.

2 comments:

Ash said...

woohoo for productive days at the firehouse. take care when around the reflective tape did you see the boo boo it gave my dad??

Aleea said...

I so recommend a cherry vanilla coke. MMMMMMMMMMMM> I *heart* cherry vanilla cokes.