Tuesday, March 30, 2010

It's a bright Sun Shiny kind of day...

Hey blog readers...I am sitting here at the table, looking outside enjoying the sunshine. There is frost on the ground but the sun is out and the air is warming. I am enjoying some coffee, and listening to the morning TV squawking along. I thought, hey, what a great time to blog.

I have been tossing around blog theme ideas in my head for a post. It has been a little while since my last blog. So I have decided to throw a couple of them together today, let's see how it goes.

THANKFUL

I have been focusing this year on doing things that are fun and focusing on the fun in life. In doing that I have noticed so many things in my life that I am thankful for. So here are a few things that I have taken stock in over the last 3 months.

My family: I am so blessed to have a great family. Almost 14 years ago I began a relationship with my wife(as a couple...there are many years before that as friends). It truly is a blessing in my life. She is my best friend. She supports me in ways I didn't even realize were possible. She loves me more everyday. She truly is a blessing in my life. My son came into my life a little over 6 years ago. He flipped our lives upside down and thankfully we haven't figured out how to turn it back over. He makes me smile everyday. He loves unconditionally and has the biggest heart. I am honored and blessed to call him my son. I spent Sunday with Jen's family celebrating Easter a week early. They move holidays around for my crazy firefighter schedule. They are great people...I love my In-Laws more than words could express. We shared great food, heart felt laughs and a great day. I look forward to many more days like that.

My work. I really think I have the greatest job in the world. I have an opportunity everyday to help people when they are having the worst day of their lives. It makes me both appreciate other people and what I have at the same time. People don't call us when they are having a great day, so it makes me focus on the important things and try and make their day better.

My friends. I feel like everywhere I go I know somebody. I like to think it is because I am not afraid to say hello and smile at people. I try to stay approachable and open to conversation. I have learned so much from talking to complete strangers, but more importantly, I have learned a lot from talking and listening to the people that are in my life everyday.

MORE ODD THOUGHTS:

Why do telemarketers call back? My wife has this habit of hanging up on telemarketers prior to them saying a word. She simply pushes the green answer button and she then immediately pushes the red button. She never says a word to them. But somehow they think that it wasn't the message she was trying to send, so they call back for 3 straight nights. Each time getting the same result. Seriously, are they really that dense?

Why don't people look in the mirror before they leave the house? I got up early on Sunday and headed to the store to pick up some odds and ends needed for our dinner party we went to at Jen's parent's house. I got out of bed, put on a hat, some warm up pants, a sweatshirt and some flip flops. I glanced in the mirror and thought, well it isn't my very best, but it will do(but I looked in the mirror to assure I didn't look like the walking dead). While I was there I witnessed a woman in a house coat, a man in fleece shorts, work boots and flannel shirt. 2 people I am sure did not look in the mirror prior to their exit of their homes.

Why don't men talk in the bathroom? I have to admit, I adhere to this principal as well. But what is the harm with a hello? What is the harm if you know someone saying how are you or asking what is new in their life? It is a mystery...I also am curious about the mandatory 1 urinal interval. If there are 3 urinals, at any given moment only the 2 on the outside will be in use...some mysteries are just meant not to be uncovered.

THE WEATHER:

Sun is out, air is warming up. Let the Spring and Summer festivities begin! I look forward to all of them. Sharkboy and I played catch yesterday in the back yard. I can't wait to golf, eat outside and mow the grass. If you love summer like I do...here is to a great one.

Well that is about all I can squeeze out of the grey matter for now. Today Sharkboy has a short play at school where he is playing Jesus. We can't wait...

I hope everyone has a great Easter weekend and enjoys the Spring breaks that are on the horizon.

Be Kind, Be Safe...

Shalom my Peeps.

No comments: