Friday, March 19, 2010

Peculiar thoughts of a Peculiar man.

Hey blog readers...today I spent some time in the truck running errands. Usually that gives me time to think about things that are going on in my life. Well today I had some really weird thoughts. Some of which follow...

Why do we think the way we do? Why do we ponder things? I wish I had the answers...but oddly I do not. The following are some thing that popped into this cob web filled skull I carry around on my shoulders. Enjoy...they have provided me many laughs over the years.

Why are men attracted to breasts? Seriously, unless you were a hungry infant a breast provides nothing significant to men. Don't get me wrong I am not ready to hang up my manly ways and stop finding breasts attractive. I am just perplexed. A very good friend once stated the following about breasts and it fits "Boobs are weird". Another friend once said "They taste like arm". 2 very peculiar but fitting quotes when it comes to boobs.

Why do we drive on a parkway, but park in a driveway? (an oldy but goody) I got nothing...why do we?

When someone eats something weird why do we freak out? I gotta say that guy that one day thought it would be tasty to eat a cow was a genius. I am sure his buddies thought he was a bit crazy, but genius none the less. Somebody has to eat new things the first time. Think about it...Pigs=Ham, bacon, sausage etc. I am sure the people that ate pigs first were thought to be crazy, but look at us now. Chicken eggs, cows milk, caviar...just to name a few had to be someone way off their rocker. But I thank them for their courage.

When someone tastes something bad, why do they offer it to us to taste? I am a pretty trusting person. If one of my friends tastes something and it is horrible, I will take their word for it. I don't need to personally validate an items level of nasty.

Why do we laugh out loud when we are alone? I myself am not one of those people. I actually think of laughter as an outward sign that you find something funny. If I am alone, I don't laugh out loud. For example: I am currently watching The Hangover. Arguably one of the funniest movies ever made. Not a single outburst of laughter. An occasional smile I will admit to, but no laughter.

Global warming, is it real? I froze my ass off this winter. I won't lie. I am not buying into the whole global warming argument. I am 36 y/o and have lived my whole life in a Midwest climate. Cold winters, hot summers and delightful springs and falls. I have not noticed a change in our winters. We still get a butt load of snow, we still get bitter cold and we still have that nasty phenomenon known as lake effect. I am calling global warming from now on an Environmentalists scare tactic.

Why do we call them Chicken fingers? Fingers are not in a chickens anatomy. So why?

I could go on and on and on and on...

That is all my deep thoughts for now...

Be Kind, Be Safe...

Shalom my Peeps.

2 comments:

Aleea said...

My friend, many of your questions are mine, although I must admit to laughing aloud when I am alone. Particularly when I read a dear friend's blog that describes the taste of breast like "arm." I Howled.

Thank you.

Awesome Aunt Kelly said...

Boobs are weird.