Friday, March 19, 2010

Odds and Ends

Hey blog readers...just thought I would post and catch up some odds and ends of things.

Ambulance ride time is going good. I am getting to do some great things in the ambulance. I absolutely love providing good patient care and making a difference in peoples lives when they think they need us most. It is a real positive experience, most of the time. I seem to be getting used to the insomnia involved, but I have to say, I will be glad to be back on the engine. Only 4 days left.

Spring seems to be trying too pop. We have daffodils popping up and the grass is trying to turn green. Most of the winter poop from the back yard seems to be cleaned up. I can't wait to be outside all the time mowing, doing yard work, cooking outside and enjoying the occasional evening cigar on the deck.

Sharkboy is doing great. He had a rough day at school yesterday. I don't have any particulars since he, selectively, doesn't remember what happened. When I asked him what happened during the day he said "I just had a rough day Dad". Oh if he only knew what a bad day was. I occasionally tell Jenny that I don't want to be a grown up anymore...I am joking, but a little itty bitty part of me really feels that way.

Golf is right around the corner. I have the clubs out and clean. If I have a little extra time this afternoon I may actually go someplace and hit a bucket of balls to shake out the winter cob webs. I can't wait to get out on the course this year.

Some things in the news that I have been thinking about:

Health Care bill: I am currently reading the online version of the bill to try and figure out just where I stand on it. I have noticed lot of people chiming in on this topic. It is definitely a topic that is churning around. So far what I read in the bill, most seems reasonable. So far I have read nothing about abolishing private insurance, socialized medicine, government control of what procedure you can have or not have. But I am only about a 1/3 of the way through it.

Tiger Woods playing in The Masters: Good for him. I feel like he should get back on the course and do what he does best. Do I think it was right for him to cheat on his wife? Absolutely not! I also don't think all the media coverage is doing any good for him, his wife or the golf community. I really feel that in order for him to get his life in order he needs to start getting into a routine and what better way to do that than getting back to work. If he truly does have a sexual addiction, then continue to get help.

March Madness: For those of you not into this, I am truly sorry. I am not a huge basketball fan, but the games in March during the "Big Dance" are what basketball is all about. Underdog teams eliminating bigger teams. Upsets, stars that truly are stars, shining. I did not complete a bracket this year. In past years it has consumed too much of my time, of which, I don't have very much to spare right now.

Toyota's Recalls and Runaway Vehicles: I just want to say that I think that again the media is hurting the reputation of Toyota. Seriously with all the vehicles on the road that have accidents and problems I am guessing that the only reason Toyota is getting raked over the coals is because of the recent recall. Remember readers, roughly 4 accidents happen every second in the United States. I am pretty sure that the brunt of those are not "Toyota Recall" induced, so I am going to continue to ignore the press fluff. No to mention that my family doesn't own a Toyota...so pretty safe to say it isn't anything for me to lose sleep over.

Jessie James cheating on Sandra Bullock: I would like to go on record as saying what a moron. First off, any man that cheats on his wife has a certain percentage of ignorance in their day to day decisions. I have always been a SB fan, I think she is a pretty good actress, a pretty good person and I think she is pretty hot. What a slap in the face. I hope she can get things in order and have a chance to celebrate her "Best Actress, Oscar". A very sad story for anyone. I hope she finds strength and she can move on.

This weekend we have a lot going on. Sharkboy and I are going to have a "Boy's Night" tonight while Jenny is out hanging out with the girls. Tomorrow we have a lot of fun stuff planned. Jenny is working in the morning(not really that fun I know) and in the afternoon we are heading out to NC to have some fun with some old friends from school. Sunday we are going to the Corpus Christi Pancake breakfast to help raise funds for the playground. If you aren't doing anything, come out and enjoy some pancakes and some great company. I think the rest of the day will be spent just hanging out.

I wanted to send a huge Happy Birthday(yesterday and yes I remembered yesterday and called) to one of my dearest and best friends in the whole wide world. Happy Birthday Tara! I hope you had a great day! I know from what you described as you birthday night out you had a blast. We will celebrate more when we come down in June.

That's all I have for now...

Be Kind, Be Safe...

Shalom my Peeps!

No comments: