Thursday, May 6, 2010

Time to get back on the blog wagon...

Hey blog readers...it has been over a month since my last post. I am not really sure why either...there has been plenty in my life to laugh about, preach about, whine about and think about. Just for some reason it didn't happen here. Well that is about to all change. I have been re-assigned to a new firehouse. For those of you familiar I am now stationed at the former Harris station 2 and current Clay station 4. It is nicknamed the Nightmare on Elm Rd, a little play on the 80's horror film and the fact that it is located at the corner of Elm and SR 23. It is a nice little station with I a nice pace.

Just got back from Cigarfest 2010. It was a great time as always. This year F.i.L. tagged along with me and 3 other firefighters. We scored many great pictures, memories and most of all cigars. I believe my final count of cigars handed to me was 68. Great times, and pictures to follow.

Sharkboy is doing great. He is growing up so fast. He takes his very own showers now. The only assistance he needs is a little help getting the shower gel on the shower puff, but in time he will master that too. School is just about over for him. He has a little less than a month left. He is really excited about this summer, as am I, since we will be doing a lot together. Not of the least is our family vacation to Florida in June. It will include some time with some great friends and visit to Disney. I can't wait and based on our conversations, neither can he.

Jenny is hanging in there. Her Uncle was diagnosed with cancer a couple months ago and sadly there is very little they can do for him medically. It is pretty much through his whole body. He is in the best spirits you can expect and thank goodness for the good people of hospice. He is receiving palliative care and it is really helping with the pain. The pain the family is experiencing is not treatable with medication. Just a lot of love, some great talks and time will heal those wounds. I hate to see the people I love going through this, so I try to support where I can, catch the tears I can and just plain continue to love on them.

Daisy is a pretty sick puppy right now. Hopefully the treatment she began yesterday will continue to help her feel better. She has what we suspect as Toxoplasmosis. It is a pretty nasty infection. The vet is very pleased with her rapid response to the medication and is cautiously optimistic on her recovery. We have been through a lot these past few weeks with her and are ready to have her return to some form of her normal self.

I think that pretty much catches you up on the current goings on in the wacky world I live in. Stay tuned for more updates and hopefully some pretty funny or odd perspective posts.

Until next time,

Be Kind, Be Safe...

Shalom my Peeps!

1 comment:

Ash said...

welcome back. your move makes me sad i can no longer visit 2 great guys in one stop:(
showers, way to go E. Glad Daisy is on the mend. Disney will be great.