Sunday, August 31, 2008

I'm married to a "Bang Bang Girl"

Hey blog readers...been a whirlwind week. Lot's of fun stuff to report. So I am going to utilize this otherwise lazy and relaxing Sunday morning to catch you up.

Last Sunday we hit the Round Barn Winery Harvest Party. It was a very nice time. L.A., F.i.L., Jenny, Tommy & Kelly (friends from my work) and Jen & Dave (Friends from Jen's work) all gathered under the E-Z up Canopy for wine, cigars and laughter. We discovered the Yummy Cocoa Stout that they make, and we are hooked. It is smooth and creamy, and generally delightful.

Tuesday, Sharkboy had orientation at his pre-school(P.D.O.). It was fun. He is a Pre-K'er and it is a little sad. It will be his last year there. He is growing up so fast. I filled out all the paperwork, emergency contacts, likes & dislikes...you know typical school paperwork. He on the other hand got to play with his friends and meet his new teachers. It was a good morning.

On Thursday I made the mad dash back to Round Barn to pick up some Cocoa Stout. We found out that Athena would be able to make a stop at the house on Friday evening for Libations on the deck. So I felt the need to share our new find with her, knowing that she would appreciate it. I also helped my parent move a bed to their house for Sharkboy to sleep on when he is there for an overnight. I realized during this mission of bed retrieval that it is simply amazing that I don't rock myself in the corner and eat paste as a general nutritional supplement. It really wasn't that horrible, just a culture shock. Thank God...L.A. and F.i.L. were home for me to work on my cigar and decompress a bit prior to returning home to my family(and I should have had one of those hot dogs...man those have been in my head ever since). Thanks again for being out on your deck and relaxing, you guys are the best.

Friday Jenny joined some of her co-workers for after work drinks and appetizers at Bone Fish. The group have decided that in honor of the famous Bang-Bang Shrimp, they would assume the name of "Bang-Bang Girls"(hence the blog title, what else would it be...naughty). Good times for them...

Friday evening Athen joined us on the deck for Libations and Relaxation. I had read her blog (as should you) and discovered she was going to be in the general geographical area and invited her over. She immediately accepted and plans were made. I had acquired the aformentioned Cocoa Stout and Jenny brought home appetizers from Bonefish. When she arrived I was surprised at the fact that she was toting a wheeled cooler behind her. She brought home brewed beer from Indy (actually from a co-worker, and he is a god in my book). So we sat on the deck and drank and caught up. It was a great time. We laughed and laughed and laughed. Sharkboy and Daisy provided entertainment at times as well. We must make it a point to see Athena more often...We "heart" Athena!

Saturday morning I got my haircut. Cassie again worked her magic on my hair. Not that my haircut is the most complex, but she does a great job. I recieved the VIP appointment time. She got their at 8:30...just for me. I didn't even beg...she just did it.(thanks, and I was digging the ponytails, bandanas and Jeans)

On the way to get my haircut I was in a morning after drinking home/micro brewed beer fog and realized some things that I appreciate from the past week. So here they are in no particular order:

Micro/Home brewed beer, Old friends and laughter, Bang-Bang Girls, L.A. & F.i.L., Round Barn Winery, New Friends, Sharkboy and Jenny, moments of silence, the deck and gazebo, Satalite Radio (Margaritaville Radio), Golfing, Daisy (and the shot that keeps her from itching/chewing her legs off), No hurricanes in Indiana, My Mom & Dad(even though they are crazy), Jenny(the best wife in the world, worthy of notice twice), Sunshine, cool breezes, green grass and last but not least...my blog readers.

Well coming up this week we have Scully coming in from Seatle on Tuesday. Awesome Uncle Jon's Birthday dinner on Thursday night. I am working Mon., Wed., Fri. at the fire house. So we will see how this week unfolds. I will update if and when I get time...

So until next time,

Be Kind, Be Safe...

Shalom my Peeps.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AUJ was quite pleased when I told him you mentioned him in your blog.