Sunday, August 3, 2008

I'm back....

Hey blog readers...I have taken a little 2 week break. Some of it was on purpose, some of it was due to work. I have spent the last 2 weeks of my life working way too much and relaxing way too little. I could put you to sleep with the details of this week, but that wouldn't be very nice. Here is the one paragraph run down.

Work...work and more work. Not a lot of family time, but I have tried to make some of that up this weekend. Short simple and sweet...I overbooked myself in a big way. That is it. There were a lot of little things that happened, but like I said, I won't bore you to sleep with them.

This week should be a lot better. I managed to get the deck sealed/stained. It is looking like brand new again. I had a little tactical error in sealing it and ended up taking 5 hours to do it. I thought I could roll out the floor, but the roller I got didn't really work to well, so I got some foam brushes out of my stock and did it by hand. It actually looks a lot better then the last time I did it, so I will most likely repeat that process next time. The great news about that is I only have to do it every 3-4 years.

Planning 2 trips to "The Cove" this week for some baseball. Jenny's work has their event on Tuesday and my part time gig has theirs on Friday. The Friday game has fireworks afterwords. I love live baseball...so a couple of nice evenings ahead of us.

Today I put up our Gazebo...aka Bazego(according to Sharkboy). It is really nice. It is making our little deck a little escape to paradise. I still need to engineer and install the ceiling fan in it, but it will be a nice place for us to hang out. I am actually on the deck now blogging from my new Cigar smoking position.

Tuesday morning I start my new assignment at Sta. 1. I am going to take this move head on. I have big plans and hope to expand my leadership role on my shift. I will be in a position to have some influence. I think it is time to take things up a notch. Time to put a bigger "Jay" footprint in this world.

Well that is all I have for now. I will most likely be able to update tomorrow. So hopefully I will be able to come up with a cute Sharkboy story. So if e-mail if you want...I should be on the computer more often.

So in case you forgot...

Be Kind, Be Safe...

Shalom my Peeps.

No comments: