Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Wednesday's meanderings...

Hey blog readers. I caught things up today at my part time gig so I have a few minutes to post some randomness...

Went to the Silverhawks game last night...can I just say that 97% humidity is for the birds. It was so muggy out last night...OMG! Sharkboy had a good time though. He met a new little friend named Christian, and they hit it off rather quickly. He was able to scam a baseball off of Stephanie and he was even able to mooch some cotton candy off of her. But she didn't seem to mind...on the contrary she seemed to really enjoy it. So we got to catch up with some of the people we only see once a year at the ball game and we got to hang out some more with those we see all the time too. Good time.

This morning I was able to have breakfast with my friend Tara from high school. She, her husband Tim and their little boy Alex were my company. We had a very nice time catching up and laughing...I miss her a lot. We became pretty close through the years and it just kills me that she is in Florida. Oh well...just another excuse to got to Florida...

Soccer tonight with Sharkboy...should be a good time. He really has the hang of things, so I can't wait to see him out their giving it his all.

The other night I mowed the grass and edged the yard. My usual yard duties. When I get the backpack blower out(to get in touch with my inner mexican) I let Sharkboy help me. I usually have to knock him off the machine towards the end since at 4, he doesn't have the eye for detail that I do. Well this time he just stopped helping me and said thank you and walked away. I only had the front sidewalk to do. When I was done I was making my way to the backyard to blow off the deck when something in the corner of my eye got my attention. It was Sharkboy standing behind one of our bushes that is a bit taller than him. He was peeing...in the front yard. I stopped and he didn't see me watching. When he was done, he pulled up his britches and made for the front door. The same door that is like 15 ft. from the bathroom. Well he turned around realizing that he already did his business outside and he saw me. He was caught...had that Oh man, Dad saw me peeing on the bushes look in his eye. He also had the think fast on his feet look in his eye, and quickly said..."hey Dad...you didn't see that, did you?" To which I indicated that I had and he followed that up with..."Sorry, I just couldn't help it." "Mommy said it was Ok..." Now you will recall that 3 weeks ago when we put in the hardwood floor she gave him permission once. Now he is a little sprinkler. Well we had a talk and his excuse for peeing in the yard was this. "It's fun Daddy, you should try it" How do I argue with that...

Well that is it for now...have a great Wednesday evening...

Be Kind, Be Safe,

Shalom my Peeps.

1 comment:

Ash said...

he also does it during swim lessons, good excuse to have to get out of the pool.