Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Today show blooper...

Hey blog readers...been a while since I posted. Lot's going on. Work, work, work seems to be the theme. Not to mention we are at the end of the summer and trying to squeeze in all those things that we kept putting off another week...you know, Sun and fun induced procrastination. But here are some random things that I remember in this clogged up head of mine.

The last post, you will notice I had a link to a local television station. Well we had a call to a local gas station where a woman was delivering her baby. When we got there she had already delivered and was holding her little bundle of joy on her belly. Cord tied with a shoe string. Cord clamped and cut the clip shows me carry the baby into the ambulance. She did all the work, we just got all the new air time.

Sharkboy has been up to his little 4 y/o pranks...peeing on all the bushes outside(Mommy said it was Ok). We are in the middle of soccer practices. He does really well in the begining, when it is all one on one skills and fun games, but when they get to the game portion of play he seems to lose focus and just run back and fourth...no where near the ball. He is also doing this thing when he runs...he will be running at a moderate pace and then he reaches over, as if accessing a control board, and says "super speed" while pressing an imaginary button. He then picks up the pace to a full on sprint. It is hilarious...that must be what I have been doing wrong all these years. I need to hit the super speed button.

Went to the race track last week in Michigan. I was only able to go for practice and qualifying on Friday, since I had to work. But I am considering working at the track next year as a fire fighter. That would entail standing on pit road between the pit stalls and extinguishing any little fire that would break out...plus it would put me in the middle of all the action. I will update as that progresses.

On the way home from the track I was winding through the "Irish Hills" of Michigan and noticed a yard sale. It was very similar to most yard sales that one would see while traversing the great highway/road system in this great nation, but the sign is what caught my eye. It said..."Yard Sale Every Friday & Saturday". Really...every Friday and Saturday. At what point does it transfer from yard sale to front yard goodwill? I would have stopped, but I was in a hurry to get home and see the family.

Now to the title...I don't know if anybody else was watching the Today show on NBC today, but they were away on commercial break and Merideth and Ann were standing in the wrong spot at the wrong time and caught it from a fountain in the ground. It was hilarious. I am sure if you search Youtube.com it will be on there(it wasn't at time of posting).

Well that is pretty much it...other than work, and I am not sure you all need to hear what is frustrating me there. Let's just say that sometimes people need to work on the way they communicate. Contrary to their opinion other people have common sense and don't require a "parent" at all times. Confrontation is not the only way to solve every situation...ok, sorry...putting my soap box away.

Well some things on my not so distance radar. Soccer tonight (must remember to pack super fast button) and Part time gig this week. Sunday we have the harvest party at Round Barn Winery, lots of yummy libations and cigars will definately be on tap that day.

So until next time...notice no time commmitment.

Be Kind, Be Safe(especially when hitting "Super Fast" button)...

Shalom my peeps...

No comments: