Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Chipping away at this week...

Hey blog readers...here I am chipping away at a long week. Up until recently I never understood why the guys around the firehouse refered to Monday, Wednesday, Friday rotations as "Hell Week". For some reason, it is all starting to come clear...

Well this week so far has consisted of working, taking Sharkboy to school for his first day, Golfing with F.i.L. and a fun time at Hacienda with Scully...well here is the run down.

Working...actually got a pretty good nights sleep on Monday. Sta. 2 went out like 2 times, but all and all pretty good night.

Sharkboys first day at PDO. He woke up and was ready to take on his day. He was in a great mood. The definition of waking up on the right side of the bed. We made our way through our morning and to PDO. He didn't even bat an eye...he was in the group and playing in no time. From the reports, he listened all day and was a model student. Apparently they had him confused with some other child, but we will take a good report and run with it.

Golfing was good. All and all I can't really complain about my game this year. I have shaved about 15 to 20 strokes off my game from last year. I am no where near ready for the tour, but it has been great spending time F.i.L. I plan on playing as many Tuesday rounds as I can...

Well Scully was in town last night. We got to Hacienda around 7:30 and had something to eat. Then libations started flowing and fun was had by all. I got to see some people I hadn't seen in a very long time. Laughing was the rule of order for the night, but catching up just happened to occur also. Scully took me home about 10:30 and it was a great visit overall. It is funny how we change in life. You don't even think about the people that you went to highschool with, the first few years after graduation. Then all of a sudden you start finding people and it becomes interesting to see what they are doing and you catch the bug. Well the bug is caught and I have been enjoying it. It is sad to say, but I am actually looking forward to the 20 yr. reunion in 2012.

Well...it is that time of the night. Time for my head to hit a pillow. Tomorrow will be a busy day...school drop off, oil change in Jenny's van, part time gig for a couple of hours and then dinner out for Awesome Uncle Jon. Get to see some more people we can't get enough of. So for now...

Be Kind, Be Safe, Be rested...

Shalom my Peeps...

No comments: