Friday, July 4, 2008

"Times fun when your having flies"...Kermit the Frog

Hey blog readers. I hope this blog finds you all celebrating the 238th Birthday of our Great Nation in some sort of fun and safe manner. I on the other hand am working. I am in the midst of a 36 hour turn...but so far it is going well. Well it has been a few days since an update...so here we go.

Tuesday and Thursday were "Daddy Days"...our babysitter is in Fl. so if I wasn't at the firehouse, I was in full Daddy Day mode. He, however, was not ready for the week of running around that we did. On Tuesday we went to New Carlisle and helped FiL fix some things around that he had for us to fix. Then on Thurs, we went to Lowes and ran around town to get some things.

I had my review from the fire department. Nothing really monumental. Went much as I thought it would. I really like what I do. There is a saying in the fire service..."Best damn job in the world...Period" and I think that is true.

We just finished up a parade here at the firehouse for a local neighborhood. Good times. We get to play with the sirens and honk the horns. What fireman...I mean kid doesn't like that. I would be lying if I told you it didn't make a little happy place in my heart when you can catch some innocent bystander(kid) not paying attention with a surprise horn blast and they jump. It is the little things in life...

Jenny and I are getting the projects piling up. We are redoing the hall floor, removing the carpet, and replacing it with Hardwood (Lowe's Trip). Then I pulled the rail off of our front porch to open the front of the house up a bit, and now I need to paint it to make it look right. I also need to powerwash the deck and seal it because we have a new Gazebo(also Lowe's trip) I need to install on the deck.

So we are in the throws of the summer and enjoying every minute outside...Sharkboy has a new Super Soaker squirt gun that he enjoys chasing the dog with. He has been enjoying lots of play time with the neighbor kids. Biking and just plain old playing around like boys do. He is also taking swimming lessons (Thanks, Ash) but for some reason he is not real excited about them, so they are going to be a little longer than we thought. He refuses to try things in the water...so I think a new strategy is in the works...more to come on that.

Tomorrow we are heading to Round Barn Winery for their Red, Whites and BBQ festival. I am really looking forward to a day of wine, socializing and eating in the wine country of South Western Michigan. FiL, Little Amigo, Jenny and several others are planning to attend. So I am sure I will have more to report later.

So have a safe 4th. Please don't blow any hands or fingers off...or burning of your house to the ground.

Be kind, Be Safe (remember fingers and hands in place when done, house still standing)

Shalom my peeps!!!

No comments: