Friday, July 11, 2008

Sometimes you feel like a nut...sometimes your sweating them off.

Hey blog readers...today was a sticky one, and yesterday wasn't much better...

Well yesterday was a Part-time Gig day. I made my way to the south side before work and had Cassie cut my hair. Great job as always...Thanks. Then it was off to Indiana Supply for a long hot day of warehouse work. Nothing really monumental there. Just lots of moving heavy stuff around and sweating.

In the evening, we took some stuff out the Little Amigo and FiL's for their garage sale. After Sharkboy acquired a new brief case(to him, I think it is Circa 1980) and some stuffed animals, Jenny wrestled him to eat some dinner. Otherwise it was a nice night of Bombay Sapphire and Tonics and some chatting. (I sure hope you were able to figure out how to change the radio L.A.)

This morning's wake up came way too early. Not really any earlier than usual...just didn't want to drag my lilly white ass out of bed. Came into work and we did some training this morning. We had a house they are going to tear down, so we went and help the cause by cutting holes in the roof and various other break stuff drills. It was hot again today. I literally was drenched in sweat under my turnout gear...yucky. Well while at training we had a call...a doosie of a call.

We went out on an unconscious male. When we got there it was aparent that he was no longer unconscious. But he wasn't quite there yet either. Well when we went to sit him up, he began to fight us. I immediately attempted to subdue this man and he tossed me off like a rag doll. Now...so you don't think I am a sissy, this guy was 6'4" and weighed in around 350-375 lbs. On the other arm, the medic that was holding him got much the same treatment. Except, he was able to grab back on, slowing his fist down so I could move out of the way. At that point the police, who were outside catching up, came rushing in and we all jumped on him. He got a little dose of medicine to calm him down and it was all over. Come to find out, he was veteran that has flash backs from when he was shot in combat.

After that we came back to our station and have been working on little projects...after this blog, it is shower time.

Some things on the plan for tomorrow...hang with family, work outside, and go to silverhawks game w/Sharkboy & Jenny.

Some shout outs...

Athena...have fun on vacation. Good luck with your "Plan to catch a massuese"

Jenny...glad you and Sharkboy had a good evening, you guys are great.

Little Amigo...Hope the garage sale went well and you didn't get too hot.

UNC...you know what I am shouting out about.

Well that is about it for now. I have to go get cleaned up and head for bed.

Be Kind, Be Safe...

Shalom my Peeps.

No comments: