Sunday, July 13, 2008

Those lazy days of summer...

Hey blog fans...not too many lazy days in my life this summer. Days off from the firehouse = projects at home.

Yesterday I was able to rip up the carpet in the hallway to make way for the hardwood floor. I managed to jab my fingers at least 3 times with the carpet tac strip. Now my finger is sore and so am I...now I know why I am not a carpet layer. Big projects still to complete include: Stain/Seal the deck and install Gazebo, replace brick molding around garage and paint and paint front porch...Need to get these done, because late summer/early fall I need to build a shed in the back yard.

Last night we went to the Silverhawks game. Sharkboy got a tiny bat from the nightly promotional give away. He loves it...Jenny not so much. She was dodging swings all night while he practiced his major league swing. He also had the honor of being the "Play Ball Kid". Going to a Silverhawks game is much like the games in the movie Bull Durham. Lot's of cheesy entertaining things between innings. Sharkboy got to go on the field during warm ups. After they did the player intros and the National Anthem he was the little guy on the field that yelled "Play Ball" to officially kick off the game. He was awesome...(one of those proud Daddy moments). He enjoyed a hotdog and some lemonade, and then pretty much didn't care about the game. He just wanted to go to the jumpy thing and play. Jenny and I each enjoyed a beer and ball park yummies...

Today was a firehouse day...while I was here Lenny(Jenny's cousin) installed our hardwood flooring in the hallway. From the sounds of it, it turned out very nice...other than than, not much to report from the firehouse. Just tied up some loose ends before the four day.

Couple things:

Scully...where have the blogs been. No word from you in the blog world. I am sure it is because you are having and awesome summer, but fill us in. How is the mineral house, and what is up with life on the "Left Coast".

Athena...I am sitting here in Indiana completely jealous of you. Sweden will never be the same after you leave. Have a blast...(I guess I don't need to tell you that part)

Jenny...your a saint, I am glad the floor is in and you approve. Now to just keep chipping away at the list.

Well that is it for tonight. I have a shower and bed calling my name. I will post tomorrow and hopefully if all goes well have pictures of the hallway to post. So until next time...

Be Kind, Be Safe.

Shalom my Peeps.

1 comment:

Aleea said...

A blast hardly covers the fun we are having. Seriously, if I don't come back, just promise you'll visit. Sweden rocks. Seriously rocks. I want to live here. I also want a husband named Sven. I don't believe either of these things will be accomplished on this trip, but I am having fun. Glad to hear the floor installation turned out well. Carpet tacking strip is not my friend either -- there are scars on my hands from it.