Tuesday, July 8, 2008

How do you get rid of Monkey Tan lines on your back?

Hey blog readers...worked yesterday at the Part time gig. It was hot and humid...and just generally sticky. Today I spent the day in day 2 of my P.E.P.P. class(Pediatric Education for Pre-Hospital Professionals)and passed my tests with flying colors. So here is the run down of the past couple days.

Yesterday was our customer appreciation cook out at the Part-time Gig. Brats, Burgers and the fixings. Good times when I was able to break and do a little hob knobbing with the customers. Otherwise I was running around in our underventilated warehouse. I must have sweat off like 5 lbs. of water...yuck. Then in the evening I needed to attend an inservice that will assist me in recertifying in October for my EMT-I. While I was gone Jenny related a funny story to me...

Often when Jenny doesn't feel like cooking and I am gone she will order "Pizza Guy" Pizza. So named by Sharkboy in part because, well, it is delivered by a Pizza Guy and there is a Pizza Guy in one of his favorite cartoons. Well she said that when said Pizza Guy arrived, she was paying him and Sharkboy in a very serious(well as serious as 4 y/o can be...)tone of voice "I hope someday I can be a Pizza Guy". Jenny said the Pizza Guy was shocked at such a statement, and stammered..."well I guess you could be". You know...when I was a kid I wanted to be a fireman. Who am I to squash his dream.

Also yesterday I am sad to report that Sharkboy had his heartbroken by another little boy. He is a sensitive little thing...Well the way I understand it, there is a mean little boy in his soccer camp that he is attending. While on a bathroom break Sharkboy was doing his business. So imagine, 4 y/o little boys pull their pants down to their ankles when they go potty. They have little control of things and that is the best way to avoid "accidental dribbles". Well one of the older boys noticed he had football teams on his undies and started to laugh, point and make fun of Sharkboy. He took offense to it and it hurt his feelings. I am happy he didn't do what I most likely would have done at his age...and cracked the kid in the head and told the little brat to leave me alone, but it ruined his day. He was in a funk the rest of the day. Jenny and I did our best to try to cheer him up, but all attempts were futile.(clearly we are cooler parents for buying him football undies, so we needed him to understand this) He eventually dealt with it on his own and all seemed to be better by bed time. I have to add here: at bed time Jenny and I want to hunt this little "Devil Child" down, shake the living evil out of him and then do the same to his parents for not teaching their "Evil Spawn" to be a little nicer. But as "Grown ups"(and I use that term loosely) the consequences are too steep for such activity so we decided to just let it drop...Hopefully he is a stronger Sharkboy because of it.

Today I was at the firehouse. Well actually I was in class most of the day...but it was a firehouse day. My class, as with most EMS classes, was dry and bored me to almost tears. But it is a neccessary Evil. I in true firefighter fashion have put off my recertification until almost the last minute and now am scurrying to get caught up. I should be fine, but as always...I don't know why I do this to myself.

Sharkboy had swimming lessons today. He finally seems to be taking to some of the skills that he need to accomplish. I think the get him comfortable in the water part was a great plan...(way to go Ash).

Tonight my driver, Dan. Made some homemade Ice Cream(Thanks Jenny for helping with the ingredients). OMG...that was amazing! I haven't had homemade ice cream since I was a kid. It is so much better than what you get in the store...wow. Definately not "Diet" ice cream, but yummy in it's own little way.

Tomorrow...I have Part Time Gig, Hair cut(look out Cassie) and then a fun filled trip to Mimi and Papa(Little Amigo & FiL). Not really fore seeing a blog post tomorrow...but the potential is there for an entry should something come up that I can't resist.

So the answer to the riddle in the title...Pigtails, Pigtails cure Monkey Tan Lines.

Until next time...Be Kind, Be Safe...(and for goodness sake don't laugh at anyones undies)

Shalom my Peeps.

No comments: