Sunday, February 7, 2010

Bud Light = Headache

Hey blog readers...so here is an update from yesterday.

Sharkboy's party was awesome! He and all of his buddies from school came to firehouse for a birthday party. They toured, climbed on fire trucks, ate pizza drank pop, and consume cupcakes. They all seemed to completely enjoy the time at the firehouse and hopefully they learned a thing or 2. One of the boys confessed to Jen that his Mom does not let him drink pop or eat cupcakes because they make him hyper. Jen was concerned and asked him if he wanted something else. His reply was "My Mom isn't here, I'll have Coke, and is there anymore cupcakes?" Jen figured what the heck, his Mom isn't here and he is going home soon and gave him both. I now have an understanding why parents choose not to give there kids sweets that wind them up. That kid went from being a well mannered young man to a mad man in the matter of 2 small glasses of coke and a cupcake. He was like a crack head looking for his next fix. He was constantly asking for more cupcakes...I will admit, I lied to the young man that we were out. But I was not going to be responsible for him flipping a fire truck over in his sugar induced fit of rage.

In the evening we went to Trivia night at Sharkboy's school. We took my Aunt and Uncle. It was a lot harder than I thought it would be. We finished tied for 4th, but next year we will be much more organized and ready. I am thinking team name, shirts and a team slogan. My only disappointment was that the only beer available was Bud Light. I am pretty certain that my beer consumption of only micro-brewed, craft or heavy beers is why my head is pounding 12+ hours later. The table next to us won...they had a nice come from behind in round 7 and they never looked back. Snacks, adult conversation and beer = a nice time had by all. We did experience a miracle last night though...a pitcher of beer appeared, one of the ladies at our table asked who ordered it and no one had...it was deemed a "Beer Miracle" so we all had a little of it. The best part was that it appeared when Father Daryl was talking about the "Fishes and Loves" miracle and the fact that, that parable was reported 6 times in the disciples books of the bible. So I thought it only fitting to report it in my blog...

Well another day at the firehouse today...until next time.

Be Kind, Be Safe...(never overlook a miracle)

Shalom my Peeps.

3 comments:

Ash said...

oh i bet that little boy crashed hard when he got home.

marci81 said...

Love that Jen gave into the little boy and sorry to hear that she was wishing otherwise (maybe the mom should have mentioned that;) also love it that at only a catholic school event would alcohol even be available!!!

Awesome Aunt Kelly said...

You know who you need to call if you wanna win the trivia night next year...