Sunday, November 2, 2008

Ok...I have the shakes!

Hey blog readers...this being without the laptop is killing me. I am actually able to complete tasks around the house and am not able to come up with creative excuses why I was tied up on the laptop. This is getting old...

Well since my last post we Trick or Treated...Sharkboy dressed up this year as Michael Phelps. His costume was a huge success too. Everybody knew who he was and we received many compliments on it. He also while we were trick or treating encouraged brotherhood to other firefighters. Anytime he passed a kid that was dressed like a fireman he would offer them a high five...and say, nice costume brother. He is such a friendly little kid.

Jenny and I enjoyed some ice cold Miller Lites in her parents driveway. It was a little family reunion. I also ran into some friends from high school. It is always nice to say hello and do a little catching up...The evening was concluded with Chili and Hotdogs with L.A. and F.i.L. It was a great time.

Sat. Sharkboy had a birthday party to go to. I was the only Dad their, other than the birthday boy's Dad. I played tag and broke up many wrestling matches. It was a good time. Right when all the kids were leaving though, something really cool happened. We were all outside playing tag when 2 U.S. Military Fighter Jets flew over their house. They were doing a fly over for this little University in town here and these people just happened to live in the flight path. This is when birthday boy's Dad was quick on his feet. He said..."hey, great...they got your Mom's message that it was your birthday and did a fly over." All the kids thought this was the coolest thing. Me on the other hand...I saw the writing on the walls. On the way home...Sharkboy asks: "Daddy, can you have Mommy call the fighter jets and have them come to my birthday party?" Someone is going to be disappointed...

Today I went to F.i.L.'s and picked up the Project Cart...aka...Hosedragger Golf. I have lots of pictures, but since I am posting from the firehouse and don't have the ability to upload my pictures, there won't be any on this post. It is in pretty rough shape, but I see lots of potential in it. Hopefully by the next post, I will have the laptop back and can update it's progress.

Well that is all I have for now...I hope you all had a safe and fun Halloween. Until next time:

Be Kind...Be Safe...

Shalom my Peeps!

(oh yeah...Athena, 2 weeks. We can't wait.)

No comments: