Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving the day in review...

Hey Blog Readers...another Thanksgiving has come and gone and if your Thanksgiving was anything like mine you...ate too much, visited with family, and wished that the football would have been better.

Am I the only one that noticed that both football games were completely lopsided. I am going to get enough blow out football this weekend when Notre Dame plays USC, I would have liked to had some good football to watch. Oh well...

I know I ate way too much yesterday...but man everything was so good. Why is it that we only eat turkey like 1 or 2 times a year. If it weren't so labor intensive...I would want turkey weekly. I did however miss out on one of my favorite parts of Thanksgiving though...Pecan Pie at my Mom's. By the time we made it to my parents I had consumed enough food for a small village in a third world country to live on for a week. There wasn't room for water let alone Pecan Pie...but that isn't the biggest disappointment. I didn't even get any to bring home...just a minute while I wipe the tear.

So Jenny really gets into the Christmas spirit. Before we went to bed last night she had the basement tree already decorated. Yup...prior to our Thanksgiving night slumber she had decorated the first of two Tannenbaums in our home. (I have already contacted Madison Center and they are dispatching a team of therapists). Well I also originally planned on complimenting Jenny today for the fact that my little shopaholic was well above the wake up at 4 am and hit the "Black Friday Sales". Well she didn't wake up at a ludicrous time and hit the sales, but she is out right now as I type this getting that one thing she just can't miss out on. Now, based on the secret nature of her exit from the house I am guessing that it involves something for me, so I won't be too hard on her...

Well, today we decorate outside...the weather is supposed to be pretty nice, so it shouldn't be too arduous. So "Daddy Pancake" breakfast is cleaned up and the little cars are out...so Sharkboy is settled in for some playing on this lazy Friday off. Overtime tonight for me...

Tomorrow we hit Moser's for some Austrian food and beer...yum!!! (and if Athena brought it, some Microbrew to enjoy)

That's all for now...

Be Kind, Be Safe...

Shalom my Peeps.

No comments: