Thursday, September 11, 2008

Sept. 11th Remembered

Hey blog fans...I am just jumping on here to express something that hits home to me. Today is Sept. 11th. 7 years ago there was a tragic event in New York City, Washington D.C. and in a field in Pennsylvania. Many people lost their lives, their loved ones and friends. You may be a conspiracy theorist, or you may believe what you saw. Regardless, people lost their lives...

343 of my brothers and sisters in the fire service gave the ultimate sacrifice. I do not forget this. They went in, when everyone else was trying to get out, that is what we do. I hope you keep their sacrifice in your mind today, but more importantly, remember the families of those heroes and the people that are out their still protecting you. Support your troops, even if you don't support the war. Support your local officials...not the politicians, your Police, Fire, Paramedics and 911 operators, we are there to make your worst day a little bit better, please help make ours a little better. Simple things go a long way. Pull over when you see our lights and sirens, slow down near accidents, wear your seat belt(everyone, even in a fire truck)! Remember, we don't put accidents in your way to slow you down, it could be you next time, so give us a brake and slow down and follow the direction of the police protecting me so I can go home the next morning...we will be out of your way faster that way.

Ok, well I am pushing the soap box in...Thank you for allowing me to protect you and your loved ones. It is an honor, one I respect with all my heart.

So until next time...

Be Kind...Be Safe...(Never Forget)

Shalom my peeps.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Thanks Jay. You're service is much appreciated...

Aleea said...

Jay, you know that I think of you and keep you in my prayers daily.