Monday, September 8, 2008

Brokeback Picnic

Hey blog readers...well I survived the 48 hour shift. It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. Well here is the update from the last few days in my little world.

Well the 48 like I said, for the most part was uneventful. We had a few calls here and there. Surprisingly not very many had anything to do with the football game...

Since we are on the game...The Irish didn't look all that strong. They had that hesitant, we are waiting for something bad to happen look. They really did well when they switched to the 2 min. drill offense, but they waited to look good until the end of the 4th quarter. There was a lot of fundamental mistakes. But, in college football, you can't tell a lot about a team by their first outing. GO IRISH!!!

Last night I watched the carnage that was the Colts vs Bears. To all my Bear fan friends...congratulations. To the Colts...now get your heads out of your asses and start winning some football games! Oh yeah, sweet tackle on Devon Hester...that will teach you to show off.

Saturday Jenny made the voyage to Notre Dame for some tailgating. She reports there was lots of fun to be had and we are planning to go out this weekend and have a little party. I can't wait. The girls are coming to the house tomorrow to make Jello Shots and finish up some plans.

Yesterday we went to a picnic/family reunion at L.A. & F.i.L. That is where the title comes from tonight. Jen has a flamboyant cousin. He has never officially come out of the closet, but we all have our suspicions. He is single (by single I mean, no girlfriend/significant other that we have been introduced to). I would guess he is in his 50's...but that is not important. He drives a minivan. The reason I came up with the title has more to do with his outfit choice/stickers on his van. He was wearing some Wranglers with a button up shirt that resembled a cowboy's shirt, cowboy boots and a belt. The belt was leather and had silver ovals on it with little leather tassels coming out of the middle(had gay cowboy written all over it). The minivan previously mentioned is adorned with several stickers: a bull riding sticker in the drivers side rear window. A crazy horse sticker on the drivers side, side rear window. A Cat outline sticker in the passenger rear window that is a merely an outline cut out of a rainbow. Then his license plate bracket says save a horse ride a cowboy. Now I am not a homophob...I know denial is the first sign, but if the above description doesn't scream cowboy Ala "Brokeback Mountain"...I don't know what does.

Well other than that...the picnic was a great success. L.A. is always capable of pulling off great little parties. I helped out with some of the cooking. We brought baked beans and I grilled the chicken. The food was great and the company was even better. We played cornhole(uh oh...I played cornhole with brokeback cowboy...yucky), talked, drank and enjoyed each other. Thanks L.A...it was a great time and I don't have to tell you how much I appreciate you.

Today I worked the PT gig. All and all not a bad day. A little busy at the end, but it wasn't that bad.

Well that is about it. Tomorrow should have some funny things. AAK, Ms. Croft, Absofab, and Jenny are making Jello shots and I am sure there will be some tasting and testing going on. I am golfing with F.i.L. and no, I will not give you any strokes if you are reading this, if your wrist hurst...go get it looked at, it is not an excuse to get charity.

Well, Jenny has dished up some ice cream, and if you know me...I am going to have some too.

So until next time,

Be Kind, Be Safe...

Shalom my Peeps.

2 comments:

laurieedwards said...

You are too funny Jay! We are really sorry that we have to miss the tailgate this weekend. It would have been great to spend some time with you guys. We'll see you in Ludington for sure though. Will there be any jello shots there?!?

THATJEW said...

Shalom? Shalom my peeps? Who do you think you are mister, I toot my horn and play with sirens? You are the whitest white man I think I have ever seen, and you are making claims of the Jewish nature? Are you for real? How can you take what the Jewish culture has turned into something beautiful and majestic, and turn it into a hip hop slogan for your own personal yahooing across this website?