Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Wisdom Learned from strange sources...

Hey blog fans...it has been 13 days since my last post. So I won't muddle up your valuable time with a play by play. Instead I will try and catch you up on the high points and then go from there. Here we go...

Well since the last blog I have tailgated with friends (actually basement-gated...it rained like nobody's business and we opted for the basement). We had a great time...hot dogs, Brats and jello shots. The girls did a great job with the Jello shots...well except the Orange. (Great job Jenny, AAK, Absofab & Ms. Croft)

Sharkboy has kept us busy. He has started fall soccer and seems to be doing well. We still have the periodic "Superfast Button" sighting, but he is at least kicking the ball more. On a sad note...we no longer have Coach Dan. Coach Dan is a staple in indoor soccer around her. He has decided to spend more time with his family in Texas...and by spend more time, I mean move. So...we will have to see how the new guy does.

We had a shift cookout at the BC's house. The kids were all there and we had a great time. Good food and even better company. Sharkboy discovered that in Uncle Jim's garage there was a 1958 Studebaker fire engine. He became the fire trucks official tour guide. He learned how to honk the horn and blow the siren (and he did often). He also took the opportunity to take every person at the party on a tour of the truck, and I mean everybody. He loved it...here are some picture:





That same day we enjoyed some company at Mimi & Papa's. They had a nice little football party. Sadly our Irish didn't pull it out, but the party was very nice. Some friends, some snacks, some libations add those all up and you get a great time. Thanks as always L.A...

Well that is the high points...throw in some work, some yard work and some day to day stuff and you will have my last 13 days.

So now onto the title of the blog. Lately some strange coincidences have occured. Leading me to learn "Wisdom" from unorthodox sources. Here are some examples.

The other day we were having tacos at home...you know shells, meat, and the usual accompnaments. Well Sharkboy was throwing a fit. He had nothing to say and then Jenny opened the Sour Cream. On the foil seal there was a quote..."Kind words can be as refreshing as a spring rain shower"...it couldn't have been more true at that moment.

While repairing something other day I was looking at the super glue tube. In the directions it said..."caution do not get on fingers, may cause finger to adhere together". Great advice.

While heating a microwave dish(you know, pre-cooked meal) the directions were on the back of the box and right at the beginning of directions..."do not turn box over". So how do you read the directions?

Went on a call where 2 brother broke out in a fight over a hot pocket. The one brother stabbed the other brother with a steak knife. (4 times...!!!). Now the brother that was stabbed was not hurt that bad, but I learned...No hot pocket is worth taking a knife wound over.

I also learned that a hyper sensitive "hebrew friend' reads my blog. Apparently, he took offense to my "shalom my peeps" tag line at the end (see "Brokeback Picnic" comments). Well in response...Shalom my Peeps will not be leaving the end of my blog. Shalom my Peeps is like Arrgggghhhh is to a pirate and I will not be changing my use of it...I think "TRUJEW" should remember the hebrew proverb “Who is mighty? One who makes an enemy into a friend”, or maybe “If a word be worth one shekel, silence is worth two”...just some matzah for thought. But thanks for your feedback.

Also...so I don't forget. Thanks Cassie for making the Leonard's heads presentable for our weekend. We all managed to pass through Artistic Hair today and you worked your magic as usual. Thanks!!!

Athena...I hear sister is going to be in town next week. We will make sure to send the empties from the beer you left us, with hopes to see more. Maybe when we come down in November....I think we are going to acquire some Pumpkin ale for the sister visit. You know...'tis the season.

Well that is about all I have for now...so until next time.

Be Kind, Be Safe...

Shalom my Peeps!!!

2 comments:

Aleea said...

Jay, my friend, I know that jealousy will overwhelm you with the following knowledge: I have two growlers full of the chocolate hazelnut beer in my fridge ... apparently the end of the keg :)

Anonymous said...

well thanks I love the leonards you guys always bring a smile to my face. we will def have to talk about this shalom thing on your next visit to the shop. wow