Monday, February 7, 2011

The suns not even up...

Good early morning blog readers. Well after the lights turned on and the beeping stopped we were off on a medical call. All worked out and I got back to the station to realize that the Cigarfest ticket auction starts in well now 15 minutes, but at the time 45 minutes was the mark. So I decided to catch up on reports, surf the internet and now make a blog post.

Well, the departure time keeps getting closer and I keep getting more and more excited. Sun, sand, golf and fun await. However there is this part of me that is already missing something. As many of you know I am Mad Crazy about my wife and son. This trip is a solo trip...no Jen, no Sharkboy. While this is not my ideal get away roster, this trip is a roster of one. I hope they know that I don't enjoy getting away from them, that is not the intent of the trip. The intent is for me to get away from everything (other than them) that is my life. No calls, no snow, no meetings, no "schedule"...all the things that on top of "winter blahs" cause me to induce stress on myself. Now don't get me wrong, I absolutely love my life. I have a career I consider more of a lifestyle, the best of friends and a great life from both inward and outward looking. I just sometimes need to get away. So without further getting long winded I will share this, as I have before, I love you Jen and Ethan, more than I could ever say in words. Thank you for supporting me in everything I do and being the brightest of spots in my life.

Now I don't know if you noticed my comment about stress in the previous paragraph. I thought I would expound on that for just a second. I believe in my heart of hearts that Stress is self induced. People do not make us stress, we do. Now slow down, people can try to stress us, they can try and infect us with stress, but it is absolutely self induced. Don't misunderstand me here. I understand that some stress is inevitable, and a certain level of stress is healthy and natural. A stress free life would be, well boring. If I can leave you with one seed of wisdom that has made it so I don't go to the highest point in St. Joe county and jump it is this. Stress is self induced...you choose, you control and when you give up that control, you lose.

Well it is about 3 minutes to my auction...so that is about all I have for now.

Until next time, Be kind, Be safe...

Shalom my Peeps!

No comments: