Saturday, February 5, 2011

Any pancake is a good pancake...

Good Saturday Morning Blog readers...the title this morning is a quote from Sharkboy during breakfast this morning. I made his breakfast for him, as I usually do when I am home, and he was chomping away on his food. I asked him how the pancakes were and he responded with..."Dad, any pancake is a good pancake". I love that little dude...he has such a good perspective on life and the world.

Here I am with 4 wake ups away from my trip to Florida. Clubs are packed, clothes are planned out and activities lined up. I am looking forward to golf in the sunshine, warm air, time with friends, a trip to the Everglades and lots and lots of relaxation. I only wish that Jenny and Sharkboy were going too, but that is not in the cards this time. I am incorporating into this trip some fact finding. We are looking at our family vacation for this summer and one of our top destinations on the list is St. Pete Beach. F.i.L. and L.A. go to that area every winter and really enjoy it. We are looking at the possibility of staying in that area in a hotel/resort and it is my charge to find out where we could stay. I love to do these types of missions and look forward to this part of my trip as well.

Today we are headed to South Bend Chocolate Cafe for Sharkboy's 7th Birthday party with his friends from school. It should be a great time. We chose this venue this year for it's ease. Pay the fee, and they take care of everything else. Cake, decorations, entertainment...etc. We walk in, have fun, and they take care of the rest. But here is the best part of the whole thing...they do the clean up too! I will report on the outcome, but all signs are pointing to a successful party.

So the rest of this weekend is work. I work Overtime tonight at Sta. 1 and then shift day tomorrow. I will be watching the Super Bowl at the station, but rest assured, I will be ready to watch this great game and the menu has been set. Bring on the football and the great commercials.

Monday has been dedicated to packing and getting things together before my trip. Tuesday will be a busy, busy day. I am reading and doing some show and tell for Sharkboy's class. Then, once they all get home and settled in, I head to Indy to stay the night before the big flight south.

If you don't see any updates for a couple of days, don't panic...no slump, just no time. It will be a busy couple of days...I am hoping to fire off some posts from the road. Jenny will be hanging on to the laptop and I will be updating, if possible, from a borrowed Ipad. I am not sure how that will go, but I am sure I will have access to a laptop periodically during the trip, so I will make my best effort. I will have my handy dandy camera so once I get back I will have a picture blog when I get back.

So until next post...Go Packers!

Be Kind, Be Safe...

Shalom my Peeps!

1 comment:

Ash said...

Happy Birthday Sharkboy!

We are going to St Pete beach area at the beginning of June staying on Teasure Island. We got a 2 bedroom condo and plan to be there for about 4 days and of course spend a couple days in Disney. Happy researching!