Thursday, July 29, 2010

Hell Week!

Hey blog readers...hope this blog finds you all well rested and ready to take on the world. Myself, well that is another story. I managed to schedule myself for 2 back to back 36 hour shifts and then a 24. For those of you scoring at home, that is 24 hours at home this week(all at night). Not really ideal, but it is what it is...

To make matters worse for me this weekend we go pick up Stella and Sharkboy starts his football practices. Time is and will be so crazy for the next few days.

Saturday Stella comes home. In the morning we will go to Petsmart or some other commercial pet care needs store and stock up on puppy needs. We can't wait for her to come into our lives. So if you have a few minutes just stop and pray for our sanity and that Stella potty trains quick and catches on to the "The Leonard" lifestyle.

Sharkboy starts football practice this weekend. Yup, I said football practice. He will be playing Pop Warner football as a mini Might. I can't wait. He is so excited. Last weekend he and I took the voyage to Dick's sporting goods to pick up some equipment. He needed some cleats and a cup. Now the cleats went really smooth. Sized him, bought some socks, since he was wearing his sandals and got some sweet little Reebok cleats for him. The cup on the other hand was a bit more complicated. Most of the confusion came on his part. He wasn't really sure what it was for and I was a bit perplexed on how to explain it to him. So in my normal manner of dealing with these situations I just told him like it was...this is about how it went.

Sharkboy: Dad what is a cup and why do I need one?
Dad: Well, it is a piece of equipment that protects you?
Sharkboy: How does it protect me?
Dad: Well it protects your "junk".
Sharkboy: How?
Dad: Well you wear it and if someone kicks you there or a helmet hits you there, you "junk" will be safe.
Sharkboy: oh, ok...

So we picked out the appropriate size and proceeded to the check out. That is when all of the above conversation became awkward. Sharkboy proceeded to tell the cashier (a cute high school girl, that had no idea what was coming) that he was going to be playing Pop Warner and that he needed a cup to protect his "Junk". I laughed so hard when I got in the truck and the girl turned about 35 shades of Red when it happened. She was speechless. He didn't even notice or think anything of the whole thing.

Well that is about all I have time to update for now...more later.

Until next time...

Be Kind, Be Safe.

Shalom my peeps!

3 comments:

Ash said...

bahahahah...OMG leave it to Sharkboy. Don't forget that Jen wants a grandchild when he's married too.

Aleea said...

This is classic Sharkboy. And really, let's be honest, protecting the "junk" is a good thing.

marci81 said...

I was waiting to "hear" what his response to that would be, hilarious!!! What a big weekend you have ahead of you all!