Saturday, December 4, 2010

It is what it is...

Hey blog readers...according to my calculations, it has been 5 weeks since my last blog. Since then, there have been many changes in my life. So I think it is about time to put a little update. So here we go, and here is to hoping it doesn't get too long winded...

First and foremost is changes at work. No, I didn't change jobs, and no I am not in trouble. I applied for a promotion to Battalion Chief. I didn't end up getting it, but it opened my eyes to all the things I would like to see unfold in my career and was a great time to reflect on my everyday activities at work and tweek things a bit to make my days better and more productive. Well in the midst of the process I was moved to another shift. Same hours for those non-fire people that are reading, just different days. It was neccessary due to the promotions that occured. So now I have a new Battalion Chief and a new partner and not least of all I have a new shift. It is somewhat bittersweet though. I really liked the guys I worked with, and it is difficult to express either way (good or bad) how I feel about the shift change. On one hand, I am excited about the new opportunities, but on the other I am, like most, fearful of change. So I just have to gauge my responses to people so I don't hurt anyones feelings.

Jen and I celebrated on Nov. 14th our 12th Wedding Anniversary. She truly is a blessing in my life. If you know me, I am not affraid to say this to anyone. She is the best in every way to me. I could go on and on, but someone along time coined a phrase that sums it up...I Love Her. We went to Indy and hung out with friends. We had pizza, played pool, ate sushi enjoyed some drinks, smoked a cigar, and many great conversations. Sharkboy stayed home on this trip and got some great time with Mimi and Papa. It was a great weekend, and I look forward to celebrating many more anniversaries with Jen.

The seasons are changing around here, so that means change for everyone. Beyond the obvious slow down driving, shoveling snow and all the things that go with winter. Christmas season is upon us and we are ready at the Leonard house. Trees are up, Christmas decorations are everywhere and Christmas Elf is making regular visits to Sharkboy. It is one of my favorite times of the year. I love the weather, I love the visits with family and I especially love the fact that all the little projects that I have ignored inside now must be done because there is no avoiding them.

Sharkboy is doing great...he is taking Taekwondo and loving every minute of it. He improves at every practice and he has a lot of opportunities to do extra things there too. Movie nights, sleep overs and individual private lessons. Probably one of the most exciting things that he is looking forward to though is an early Christmas. As a fireman, I often have to work holidays. Due to my shift change I now have to work on Christmas. So Sharkboy entered a "contest" to get an early Christmas. He had to draw a picture and tell Santa why he deserved and early Christmas. Well he recieved his letter from "The North Pole" and he is the lucky recipient of an early Christmas. He is frantically getting his list together so nothing is missed when Santa makes his rounds, early.

Well that should catch you up for now...so until next time.

Be Kind, Be Safe...

Shalom my Peeps!

3 comments:

Ash said...

I love your Christmas Early idea. As a child of a firefighter I remember many of Christmas' being celebrated on different days. You gotta do what you gotta do. So proud of all the firefighters and those becoming firefighters in my life!

marci81 said...

Aww that is awesome that he had to "enter" a contest, how clever!!! Congrats on everything and trust me I DO NOT like change either ask my family!! See you in a couple of weeks!

Aleea said...

Love the early Christmas idea and most especially the "contest." Certainly this will make Christmas even more special :) I would love to see you guys over Christmas break ... will be in town 12/22, 12/23, 12/26, 12/27, 12/28. Not sure if your time off or Jen's will coincide with those days ...